CPU
i5-3570K
Graphics
AMD RX570
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
I've updated from Mojave to Catalina. The boot process appears to happen as normal, ending on the Apple logo and then the screen will boot to a black screen with nothing on it. I've run a -v verbose boot and it doesn't look like it's getting stuck at any point. I'm also able to boot into -s single-user mode. But not into safe mode or recovery mode.

I've been able to create a UniBeat install USB with Catalina on it. And being able to access a terminal. I've not been able to get all of the info detailed in the error reporting threads, but I seem to have most of it.

Attached in the zip below is all the debug info. I'm suspecting it might be a graphic issue, but not 100% certain.

My system is GIGABYTE GA-Z77X-UP5-TH, i5-3570K, Radeon RX570. I think I was on Mojave 10.14.6 and upgraded to Catalina through the app store as of 11 July 2020, which I think was Catalina 10.15.5.

Attachments

• _files.zip
    4.1 MB · Views: 50
I've updated from Mojave to Catalina. The boot process appears to happen as normal, ending on the Apple logo and then the screen will boot to a black screen with nothing on it. I've run a -v verbose boot and it doesn't look like it's getting stuck at any point. I'm also able to boot into -s single-user mode. But not into safe mode or recovery mode.

I've been able to create a UniBeat install USB with Catalina on it. And being able to access a terminal. I've not been able to get all of the info detailed in the error reporting threads, but I seem to have most of it.

Attached in the zip below is all the debug info. I'm suspecting it might be a graphic issue, but not 100% certain.

My system is GIGABYTE GA-Z77X-UP5-TH, i5-3570K, Radeon RX570. I think I was on Mojave 10.14.6 and upgraded to Catalina through the app store as of 11 July 2020, which I think was Catalina 10.15.5.
you may want to update your kexts

As I'm unable to boot into working system, I'm not sure how I can update the Kext?
boot with your working usb installer?

Ah ok, my misunderstanding. Are you able to suggest from that point where's the best place to be finding the latest Kexts and what method is the one I should be using to update them?
copy and paste them into your clvoer/kexts/other folder

you can grab the release versions from github

Thank you. I have the following kext in my clover/kexts/other folder

Code:
AppleIntelE1000e.kext  USBInjectAll.kext      _USBIN~1.KEX
FakeSMC.kext           WhateverGreen.kext     _old
Lilu.kext              XHCI-x99-injector.kext realtekALC.kext

Do you know if I need all these still and are you able to direct me to the correct github page?

Thank you. I have the following kext in my clover/kexts/other folder

Code:
AppleIntelE1000e.kext  USBInjectAll.kext      _USBIN~1.KEX
FakeSMC.kext           WhateverGreen.kext     _old
Lilu.kext              XHCI-x99-injector.kext realtekALC.kext

Do you know if I need all these still and are you able to direct me to the correct github page?
makes sure lilu and wahtevergreen are the latest, your files seems to be missing the info.plist files

your files seems to be missing the info.plist files

What do you mean by this?

Are these the correct Github releases?

What do you mean by this?

Are these the correct Github releases?
yes, they are the correct ones

you can compare what you have to the new ones you download

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back