Contribute
Register

Black Screen After Updating to 10.12.5

Status
Not open for further replies.
Are the glitches in PS still present with the latest f02 ? If yes, do they only occur with Pascal series or is it a common problem with this new driver?
Yes, still present with f02.
Unsure if it's exclusive with Pascal, I have no other video card to test.

I haven't experienced the bug in Photoshop proper (after the image is opened), only in Adobe Camera RAW.

I successfully installed Sierra but my graphics card is not detected and I get weird flashing buggy windows when I log in. I installed this Nvidia web drivers and edited the config.plist as shown on this thread, however when I reboot, card is still not detected and drivers are back to OS X default graphics driver, any help?

I successfully installed Sierra but my graphics card is not detected and I get weird flashing buggy windows when I log in. I installed this Nvidia web drivers and edited the config.plist as shown on this thread, however when I reboot, card is still not detected and drivers are back to OS X default graphics driver, any help?
Enable EmuVariableUefi-64 driver in "install driver" of Clover configurator.
Or try this https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/solving-nvidia-driver-install-loading-problems.161256/#Problem6 problem 6 .

hello, i am on Maximus VIII Hero, 6700k, Sierra 10.12.4, Asus GTX 1080 Sli, i am triyng to install the last driver with pascal support with no luck. The installation failed. I had before a 980 with old nvidia web driver installed. maybe the old driver are creating confusion, i already uninstalled it before with the control panel.

Please Help!!
failed_inst.png

I am wondering with these new 378 drivers, does this include a shader use from OpenGL 4.1-4.5? Or how does that figure in, if at all, to these more current nVidia drivers?

I'm having serious problems with the NVIDIA drivers on OS X. I have the GTX 960 and it always ran just fine on Yosemite - El Cap. But since Sierra, the NVIDIA drivers are getting even worse. I don't have this problem on Windows and no, my videocard is not broken nor is getting too hot.

20170513_151727.jpg

Last edited:
Hi:

This is my first build - I have used EVGA Geforce 970 SC - which was a gift to me for this build. However, the webdrivers from NVIDA doesn't work - it automatically switches back to OSX default graphics, even when I told it to use NVIDA webdrivers after the reboot.

While I switch over to NVIDA drivers, it does show that it sees EVGA Geforce 970 SC but no "GPU RAM" as it was listed as 0.

Any advice on how I can resolve this and make GPU selected at boot up?

My system is built:

Sierra 10.12.4
Gigabyte Gaming 7 Motherboard
Ballistix Sports RAM
i7-6700
Corsair H60 water cooler
Phantek Evolv Case
EVGA Supernova 750G2

Hi:

This is my first build - I have used EVGA Geforce 970 SC - which was a gift to me for this build. However, the webdrivers from NVIDA doesn't work - it automatically switches back to OSX default graphics, even when I told it to use NVIDA webdrivers after the reboot.

While I switch over to NVIDA drivers, it does show that it sees EVGA Geforce 970 SC but no "GPU RAM" as it was listed as 0...
Your Motherboard doesn't save the macOS NVRAM file between boots. Therefore, you need to do one of the following:

See Problem 6 in slim.jim's Nvidia Trouble Shooting Guide.

OR

Use the latest MultiBeast for Sierra and just select the following:
Bootloaders > Clover v2.4k r4063 UEFI Boot Mode + Emulated NVRAM <--- page 6, MultiBeast Features doc
Build > Install​
Then, reboot.

Last edited:
Since MacOS doesn't have native support for nVidia latest series GPUs, does that mean when viewing HW accelerated media like YouTube videos, it'll use CPU load instead of GPU? Cz i feel like my CPU is doing more work than it should for a video and since there's no way to monitor GPU clocks, it's hard to tell also.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back