Contribute
Register

Black Screen After Updating to 10.12.5

Status
Not open for further replies.
Don't working GTX 1070, see my config.plist attached.

After install emuvariableuefi, driver load, but I get black screen, any suggestion ?

Attachments

• config.plist
    5.8 KB · Views: 233
Last edited:
Don't working GTX 1070, see my config.plist attached.

After install emuvariableuefi, driver load, but I get black screen, any suggestion ?
try removing inject intel and ig-platform-id from graphics in config.plist.

same issue. with -v flag i get "Monitor 7MB" and without the 1080ftw is correct recognized but can't find the Monitor (black screen). tried with DVI and HDMI. i didn't have any DP devices.

Last edited:
same issue. with -v flag i get "Monitor 7MB" and without the 1080ftw is correct recognized but can't find the Monitor (black screen). tried with DVI and HDMI. i didn't have any DP devices.
have u used AGDPfix if not try that

I see this problem here.
GT 740 2GB GDDR5
So it seems the system freeze while playing video with Safari is affecting users of previous GPU generations only... I'm not seeing any reports from Pascal users hit by this.

I was running via the integrated HD530 on El Capitan, however i've since connected HDMI to my GTX1070, upgraded to Sierra 10.12.4, and installed the web drivers - and it works! i've not had to do anything with Clover, once i installed the drivers and rebooted, it worked - full acceleration, full resolution (1440p). is there anything i'm missing here? do i need to edit my config.plist? e.g. remove 'inject intel' or anything?! or should i just let sleeping dogs lie?

I've got a black screen with my gtx 1070. Just installed on a fresh install off Sierra 10.12.4

Aside from the usual iBooks bug, is anyone else getting bad performance after waking from sleep? Curious if its an issue with nvidia's beta driver, or the fact that I'm using iMac17,1 w/ AGDPFix. 1060 here btw.

I just wanted to note, I read on here that if you kind of "refresh" the display everything will be normal. Can confirm that any weirdness with night shift or low performance upon wake is remedied if you do something as simple as rotating the display and reverting it back.

So it seems the system freeze while playing video with Safari is affecting users of previous GPU generations only... I'm not seeing any reports from Pascal users hit by this.

Well, I've had one freeze so far sourced from FCPX, but I don't think it was related to graphics since I could still move the mouse around. I hazard that more to a somewhat slow mechanical HDD sourced from a MBP. The driver itself has been peachy clean for me so far (Again, except for Night Shift, and I assume iBooks but I don't have an eBook to test so...).

For me, the new driver broke my calibration color profile and the image is visibly different - brighter & blown out compared to the calibrated version. Also it broke my Spyder 3 calibration software (yes, I know its old and not supported, but still a change). There seems to be a bug around color profiles and LUT / gamma. Reverting to the previous driver or using the native OS X driver does fix these problems. This is for a NVIDIA GTX760.

You rolled back to the 367.15.10.45.f01 driver? Unfortunately I am having the same problem but that roll back doesn't fix anything. Even with NightShift turned set to off, my system boots up and the display is significantly cooler than my calibrated profile, and the only way to get it back to normal is to toggle NightShift on and off. Wouldn't be an issue if it only happened at reboot but happening on every display sleep is pretty annoying.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back