Contribute
Register

Black Screen After Updating to 10.12.5

Status
Not open for further replies.
The web driverWebDriver-378.05.05.05f01.pkg causes Safari to freeze computer when playing back video!!! Opera works fine! Have used Nvidia manager to boot with default OSX drivers & it works fine. Have tried to reinstall WebDriver-367.15.10.45f01.pkg but it won't install on latest Sierra build. So am just running with default OSX drivers now. Slightly slower on cinebench score but running fine.
Does anybody else experience this? I'm not finding others reporting this. What GPU do you have?

Does anybody else experience this? I'm not finding others reporting this.

Went through literally a whole day watching video on Safari with my recently implemented GTX 1060 6GB and have had absolutely no issues (Aside from Night Shift requiring re-activating the display for it to work). I've yet to do any real graphics intensive work, however, so I don't have much to report on that end (Don't really have a point of comparison either, since all I have otherwise is a 750 1GB and a 960 2GB).

Ah, well, I don't have a 4K monitor. So, I recommend you post a new thread with your problem with 4K in the title.

For me, the new driver broke my calibration color profile and the image is visibly different - brighter & blown out compared to the calibrated version. Also it broke my Spyder 3 calibration software (yes, I know its old and not supported, but still a change). There seems to be a bug around color profiles and LUT / gamma. Reverting to the previous driver or using the native OS X driver does fix these problems. This is for a NVIDIA GTX760.

Hi everyone!

Everything is fine with my 1070 G1 from gigabyte. Except I have random big spikes in fan speed. Every now and then the fan ramps up and then immediately shuts down. This was also happening on Linux operating systems but not under windows. Anyone else experiencing this?
Under heavy load there is no problem the fan spins as it should. This behaviour happens when the gpu is idle.

Hi ) I experience some issue with the graphics drivers released from Nvidia for Sierra latest update 4. I have got a NV Quadro 600 on Fake Mac 6,1 and it looked fine with the update 2. But now that I've installed the nvidia web driver it displays like texture errors on desktop and snapshot utility, image preview, chrome etc. So bad that it won't even be readable.. Safari is ok, and so as other apps that don't work with graphics accelerated drivers.
what's wrong with those drivers update plz ?
I can't see any dramatical change since the last "pascal" update, 378..05

I installed the new driver, but I can not get it to work. When I mark the webdriver option on Clover my video turns off after the logo screen. Without this option enabled I can boot, but without acceleration and without the recognized board. I have a GTX 1060 and I'm using the HDMI input

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back