Contribute
Register

Black Screen After Updating to 10.12.5

Status
Not open for further replies.
anyone have a solution for the graphic driver not defaulting to the Nvidia driver, even after I added the EmuVariableUefi and re-ran the RC scripts?

I remember reading that this drivers are beta or the support for Pascal is beta or something like that. Is this true? And if so, are they safe to use?
The drivers are not beta drivers and are safe to use. I'm using it now on my Gene build, and I don't have a Pascal graphics card, yet. :thumbup:

Running AGDPFix fixed my black screen on boot. Remember that this needs to be done after every gfx driver update - I didn't! I think this applies to people running iMac 17,1 and MacPro 6,1 system definitions?

A: AGDPFix is sort of redundant; if you can, use Lilu + NvidiaGraphicsFixup and store them in Clover's Other kexts folder, and it will persist across updates.
B: It applies to users running iMac 15,1/17,1 and MacPro6,1 profiles.

anyone have a solution for the graphic driver not defaulting to the Nvidia driver, even after I added the EmuVariableUefi and re-ran the RC scripts?

Should just be enabled via Clover's "EnableWebDriver" tick in the Settings->Options submenu at boot loader.

I remember reading that this drivers are beta or the support for Pascal is beta or something like that. Is this true? And if so, are they safe to use?

From what I can gather as an observer, drivers are fully functional for Pascal users, but is relatively untested on certain Mac-based systems/card combos. Even NVIDIA themselves label this as a beta of sorts. It's fully functional, should perform like Maxwell, and may hopefully be improved in the future.

Thank you!

Had to change my system to a MacPro 5,1 from MacPro 6,1 and it works fine!

HDMI Audio: gone after getting my 1070 working. Tried a few things, seems there's no support for HDMI audio yet, anyone else having this?

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2017-04-11 at 18.25.25.png
    Screen Shot 2017-04-11 at 18.25.25.png
    21.4 KB · Views: 183
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back