Contribute
Register

Black Screen After Updating to 10.12.5

Status
Not open for further replies.
So I have an ASRock X99 Taichi which doesn't have an integrated GPU. Is there currently any way to make the install (from scratch) with my 1080?

So I have an ASRock X99 Taichi which doesn't have an integrated GPU. Is there currently any way to make the install (from scratch) with my 1080?

Yes- UniBeast uses nv_disable=1 by default which makes any NVIDIA card run in unaccelerated VESA mode. This will get you through the install process until you're able to install the NVIDIA drivers.

The updated nVidia driver brakes Night Shift and f.lux for me. :-X

Last edited:
Finally! I love U NV (and Apple :D)

Worked great for me! The longest part was remembering to run AGDPFix again... I still feel a little silly...

Running AGDPFix fixed my black screen on boot. Remember that this needs to be done after every gfx driver update - I didn't! I think this applies to people running iMac 17,1 and MacPro 6,1 system definitions?

The web driverWebDriver-378.05.05.05f01.pkg causes Safari to freeze computer when playing back video!!! Opera works fine! Have used Nvidia manager to boot with default OSX drivers & it works fine. Have tried to reinstall WebDriver-367.15.10.45f01.pkg but it won't install on latest Sierra build. So am just running with default OSX drivers now. Slightly slower on cinebench score but running fine.

Could someone pls link the original 10.12.4 driver? This update is causing me all kinds of problems. Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back