Contribute
Register

Black Screen After Updating to 10.12.5

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks for the insight! Really appreciated, I thought it was a local issue.

I've been having system crashes when I try to export After Effects projects using CUDA GPU acceleration in 10.12.5.

I am not having any issues when I try to export projects without GPU acceleration. Any ideas?
Off topic for this thread. Open a new topic with your problem.

Hello community.
I am totally new to the subject and I am gathering information about nVidia driver functionalities for macOS.
Is it possible to modify GPU/RAM frequencies ? Make TDP lower ?

Hey all,

This is my first Hackintosh and I tried editing the config file as indicated above. Still no luck getting the NVIDIA driver to stick. Could someone please explain what Remove Boot/Arguments/nvda_drv=1 means? I want to try it, but when I go to the boot folder there is only an exe file in there. There is no other folder called arguments. Please help?

I am using an EVGA GEFORCE GTX 970 SC graphics card on a Gigabyte Z170X UD5 motherboard.

Hey all,

This is my first Hackintosh and I tried editing the config file as indicated above. Still no luck getting the NVIDIA driver to stick. Could someone please explain what Remove Boot/Arguments/nvda_drv=1 means? I want to try it, but when I go to the boot folder there is only an exe file in there. There is no other folder called arguments. Please help?

I am using an EVGA GEFORCE GTX 970 SC graphics card on a Gigabyte Z170X UD5 motherboard.
See Problem #6 here.

Or rerun MultiBeast just selecting:
Bootloaders > Clover v2.4k r4063 UEFI Boot Mode + Emulated NVRAM​
See page 6 in the MultiBeast Features document which came with MultiBeast.

Hello community.
I am totally new to the subject and I am gathering information about nVidia driver functionalities for macOS.
Is it possible to modify GPU/RAM frequencies ? Make TDP lower ?
Not in macOS. The Nvidia software is only runs in Windoze.

Off Topic for this thread. Open a new thread if you need more information. TIA.

What is the oldest Nvidia GPU generation to work with these drivers?

not supported Sierra 10.12.5,what do I have to do now?

After I installed 10.12.5 and the most recent Nvidia Web drivers, I am having blank screen problems with hibernate and restart. My build was working perfectly before, with 10.12.4 and the previous Nvidia drivers.

Sleep works properly (e.g. screen comes back after sleep), but when I try to wake up from hibernate I get a blank screen. I know all is working, as I can shutdown/restart computer via keyboard shortcuts.
As I can't get a screen I reboot, but, while the graphic card starts (I hear the fans going on), I get a blank screen. I need to reboot to VESA, reinstall Nvidia drivers, and all works OK after I restart (e.g. Nvidia web driver is working), but first time computer goes into hibernate, the card doesn't wake up any more.
Note that I have a dual link cable (I am using the old Apple 30in monitor, only has dual link DVI), but I don't think that's the problem (I tried using a hdmi cable on blank screen, get no signal to monitor).
I have uploaded my config file, I tried a couple of Darkwake settings, but not sure it's worth going down that road.

I am puzzled about the fact that after I install the Nvidia driver, the screen works upon restart, and it keeps working if I restart after that, but if the computer goes into hibernation the screen is blank even when I restart the computer.
Any suggestions on how to resolve this issue or what tests I should do?

Attachments

• config.plist
    7.1 KB · Views: 392
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back