Contribute
Register

Black screen after screen automatically off (or lock)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
ASUS K501UB
CPU
i5-6200U
Graphics
HD 520
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
I've got an error, at lock screen if I click "cancel" then the screen will turn black. If I leave my laptop long enough for the screen to automatically turn off, I'll get this error as well. No way I can get it to work back. Is it a common error?
BTW, can my laptop "sleep" well like others'? Thanks for taking a look at my problem(s)!

Better explanation:
After screen was turned off once (wether by pressing cancel or waiting for timeout), you can't see anything anymore (until you reboot, of course)
In my case, I can see the screen backlight when trying to wake the screen, but that's it.

Attachments

• CLOVER.zip
    1.2 MB · Views: 128
  • IOReg.zip
    634 KB · Views: 124
  • kextstat.txt
    2.8 KB · Views: 292
  • RehabMan.zip
    65.2 KB · Views: 114
  • touch.txt
    4.3 KB · Views: 291
Last edited:
I've got an error, at lock screen if I click "cancel" then the screen will turn black. If I leave my laptop long enough for the screen to automatically turn off, I'll get this error as well. No way I can get it to work back. Is it a common error?
BTW, can my laptop "sleep" well like others'? Thanks for taking a look at my problem(s)!

What do you mean by "this error"?
It is normal for cancel at login (or timeout) to enter display sleep.

What do you mean by "this error"?
It is normal for cancel at login (or timeout) to enter display sleep.
If I understand the problem correctly, by other reports and my own case, this is the problem:
After screen was turned off once (wether by pressing cancel or waiting for timeout), you can't see anything anymore (until you reboot, of course)
In my case, I can see the screen backlight when trying to wake the screen, but that's it.

From my testing, I could still see output via HDMI, but internal display will only output black screen with backlight.
Tried both 0x19160000 and 0x191b0000 ig-platform-ids (for my Intel HD 520), both cases had this problem. (Though I didn't test HDMI output with the latter)
BTW, can you explain why the default ig-platform-id for Skylake was changed in your configs?

I'll attach my own problem reporting files later, when I'll be able to :)

Last edited:
That's exactly my problem :D

BTW, can you explain why the default ig-platform-id for Skylake was changed in your configs?
I use the most updated config file on @RehabMan's repo. Didn't change anything already have

If I understand the problem correctly, by other reports and my own case, this is the problem:

From my testing, I could still see output via HDMI, but internal display will only output black screen with backlight.
Tried both 0x19160000 and 0x191b0000 ig-platform-ids (for my Intel HD 520), both cases had this problem. (Though I didn't test HDMI output with the latter)

Test display sleep with Apple->Sleep, followed by immediate wakeup (via keyboard/mouse).
If you have an issue with display sleep, check that backlight control is implemented correctly, unused connectors in the frame buffer are eliminated, legacy/CSM is enabled, CsmVideoDxe is NOT used, no 3rd party "display kexts", etc.
Check SMBIOS selection.
And try different ig-platform-id values.

There were some reports of problems with 0x19160000, better luck with 0x191b0000.
As usual, YMMV.

Same issue and still wait for solution.

Same issue, I downgraded to 10.12.6 for daily use :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back