Graphics
RX 580
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
  2. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
WARNING:
Got a black-screen on my hackintosh after today updated to 10.15.1 Public Beta 2.
I still have no clue what was going on. I can hear the sound from the system, but no display whatsoever.
(FYI, i7-8700 Radeon 580 GPU)
All the previous install/update all went fine without issue.

----Update---Solution---
First of all Thank @foster to help out from another thread https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...-in-safe-mode-with-rx580.285413/#post-2020083

Issue: it caused by the Whatevergreen.kext ,
Fix: you will have to remove Whatevergreen.kext (by boot into safe mode -x )

Remaining issue:
1) Now without the Whatevergreen.kext, the iGPU seems auto-enabled again (without Clover IntelInject)
2) the GPU acceleration seems half worked ? CPU usage abnormally high but GPU usage is bare-minimum(vs. before it happens)

Last edited:
WARNING:
Got a black-screen on my hackintosh after today updated to 10.15.2 Public beta.

still have no clue what was going on, I can hear the sound from the system, but no display whatsover.
(FYI, i7-8700 Radeon 580 GPU)

All the previous install/update all went fine without issue.

I have similar issues with you.
Mine is using Radeon 570. Black screen near the end of the upgrade and then reboot again.
Luckily I have another backup. Need to revert to 10.14 for a while.

Remove WhateverGreen kext

I have similar issues with you.
Mine is using Radeon 570. Black screen near the end of the upgrade and then reboot again.
Luckily I have another backup. Need to revert to 10.14 for a while.

Would you share how do you get back it to back up ? because I tried the recover partition, it the same issue. (black screen, well, i shouldn't say it black screen, it more like no output from the GPU, but everything else seems running?)

Would you share how do you get back it to back up ? because I tried the recover partition, it the same issue. (black screen, well, i shouldn't say it black screen, it more like no output from the GPU, but everything else seems running?)

I have backup my 10.14 in another SSD boot up through USB. Then I use SuperDuper to copy it back to the computer HD.

I have backup my 10.14 in another SSD boot up through USB. Then I use SuperDuper to copy it back to the computer HD.
okay, I never did that :( I only have a external USBdrive that used as "TimeMachine" backup.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back