1. iMac
  2. MacBook
  3. MacBook Pro
Classic Mac
  1. iMac
  2. Power Mac
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Installed Mountain lion with unibeast then multibeast , all was well until I rebooted, then black screen, tried boot flags to no avail. Seems to boot without errors, then just as desktop should appear goes black , monitor says no signal then goes to standby, any ideas?

Did you try to boot with "PCIRootUID=0"? Helped for my GTX560 Ti.

Did you try to boot with "PCIRootUID=0"? Helped for my GTX560 Ti.

Yes tried a few times but no luck, -f -v -x etc but nothing seems to help, even wiped and reinstalled but same thing occurs, but thanks, I have a feeling I'm missing something simple but who knows what!

I am having the same exact issue on my machine too.

Asus Sabertooth x58 Corei7 930 Geforce GT440

the same with my gtx560 and 3570k and z77x d3h

The same

white screen and beachball but can move mouse. can boot with -X but without sound/graphics etc......

With an ASRock Z68 and a GTX460 or GTX560, I was having a similar problem but my screen went off just as the installation was starting. I tried -x -v PCIRootUID=1 but still no video. I was able to install ML successfully using an HD6770, rebooted and installed Chimera, restarted and booted from the hard drive perfectly. Then I shut down, removed the ATI card and re-installed the GTX460 and once again I had no video.

You should Edit the org.chameleon.Boot.plist. Change the Line <string>npci=0x3000 PCIRootUID=1</string> with this one: <string>npci=0x3000 darkwake=0</string>
I hope that helps!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back