Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
MSI Z77A-G45
CPU
Intel Core i5 -3470
Graphics
MSI AMD Radeon RX 460
I am trying to install Sierra on my PC after an upgrade to MSI Radeon RX 460 4GB. Before, i had on my PC El Captain and graphics card HD5750, and everything worked, i also tried to load El Captain on my RX 460 and it works. On Sierra it shows a black screen after install. I am using a Clover and FakeSMC.kext. System definition on El Captain was Mac Pro 3,1 (Early 2008). Maybe someone knows how to make it boot?

Last edited:
Welcome to the forums romantosh,
Black screen is a common problem using the newer AMD GPU's. Several threads about it in the graphics forums. You may want to take a look there, here is a link to AMD graphics testing. It is a long thread but the AMD 4XX cards of all varieties are being tested there. macOS Sierra PB: Need testers for new AMD Radeon drivers! There should be enough information there to get you up and running(workarounds) and other users will offer a helping hand.

Welcome to the forums romantosh,
Black screen is a common problem using the newer AMD GPU's. Several threads about it in the graphics forums. You may want to take a look there, here is a link to AMD graphics testing. It is a long thread but the AMD 4XX cards of all varieties are being tested there. macOS Sierra PB: Need testers for new AMD Radeon drivers! There should be enough information there to get you up and running(workarounds) and other users will offer a helping hand.
, thanks for warm welcome, i will watch this topic, hope it will help me

, thanks for warm welcome, i will watch this topic, hope it will help me
You're welcome. I'm pretty sure you'll get the help you need in the graphics forum. Good luck.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back