Motherboard
Asus ROG Z390 MAXIMUS XI CODE
CPU
i9-9900K
Graphics
RX 580
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
Hello. I've installed the newest update Catalina and after that, after loading apple logo, screen is black... I don't know what to do....
Anyone could help?

The Rules said:
Please use the search function before creating a new topic. The question that you ask may have already been answered

You should update WhateverGreen.kext before updating the OS.

Where was answered? My Catalina worked perfect before install update. My WhateverGreen is updated.
What should I do....? It doesn't work.

Keyboard works and sound too. But screen is black.

I've installed MacOS 10.15.1 upgrade.

Probably after hit password and enter, system works... but still nothing on screen... :O

Last edited:
When I turn off CMS in the BIOS, I get the message "the vga card is not supported by uefi driver". The CMS is enabled automatically... Any solution?

I messed this one myself. What would be an easier way to intall WhateverGreen.kext within Clover screen? Because all I got past Clover is blank screen. I tried `-x -v -f` boot args, `nv_disable=1` (even though mine is RX580), none seem to work.

Update:
I can still use my blank screen computer via screen sharing service, in my case, Chrome Remote Desktop. Then I installed WhateverGreen.kext, Lilu.kext, and AppleALC using Hackintool (KextBeast didn't work for me). The issue has been resolved.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back