Contribute
Register

Black screen after DSMOS has arrived

Status
Not open for further replies.
After deleting all amd and ati kexts on the hdd, and several tries, it still doesn't boot up:/
still freezes at the same line as before :(

////edit!
it actually did boot up with CPUs=1 iGPEnabler=01660003 darts=0 -v -x
safe mode did the trick.

So what's the following procedure to make it boot without all these flags?
and how do I get the wifi and the touchpad to work?

Oh, I'm really happy actually just because it booted, never been so happy with win or Linux :D;D

After deleting all amd and ati kexts on the hdd, and several tries, it still doesn't boot up:/
still freezes at the same line as before :(

////edit!
it actually did boot up with CPUs=1 iGPEnabler=01660003 darts=0 -v -x
safe mode did the trick.

So what's the following procedure to make it boot without all these flags?
and how do I get the wifi and the touchpad to work?

Oh, I'm really happy actually just because it booted, never been so happy with win or Linux :D;D

Boot flags are case/spelling sensitive. iGPEnabler, CPUs, and darts are all invalid. Correct spelling is IGPEnabler, cpus, and dart.

Also be aware that after removing kexts, you need to rebuild cache or boot without caches (-f).

Yeah, sure, somehow my iPhone's autocorrect misspelled the bootflags, I had them correct on the PC.

So, I got it booting up now, but only when I boot the installer stick and there select the hard drive with the installed mavericks, without the stick I get a kernel panic almost immediately..

i ran multibeast, trying to get the touchpad, sound and wifi working. Additionally I entered the bootflags into to chameleon.boot.plist at /Extras but I can only get it booting with the installer stick and manually adding the bootflags..

Yeah, sure, somehow my iPhone's autocorrect misspelled the bootflags, I had them correct on the PC.

So, I got it booting up now, but only when I boot the installer stick and there select the hard drive with the installed mavericks, without the stick I get a kernel panic almost immediately..

Probably power management... see: http://www.tonymacx86.com/mavericks...-sandy-bridge-ivy-bridge-haswell-laptops.html

i ran multibeast, trying to get the touchpad, sound and wifi working. Additionally I entered the bootflags into to chameleon.boot.plist at /Extras but I can only get it booting with the installer stick and manually adding the bootflags..

Post your org.chameleon.Boot.plist.

I don't really understand the thread about power management, too many new words for me.. I think this will be some hours of reading for me, getting all the words and their meanings etc :D

the org.chameleon.boot.plist:

Is it similar to windows, that I need a kext (as the pendant to drivers) for every device? Where do I find those, e.g for my wifi module?
Btw, after i log in, after a few minutes I get the message that voodooHDA for ps2keyboards and trackpads (or sth like that) wasn't installed correctly and can't be used. My laptops built in keyboard works but not the trackpad, I'm using a wireless Logitech mouse..

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    714.9 KB · Views: 125
I don't really understand the thread about power management, too many new words for me.. I think this will be some hours of reading for me, getting all the words and their meanings etc :D

It is just the beginning... Much to learn if you want to install OS X on a PC, especially a laptop.

the org.chameleon.boot.plist:

IGPEnabler is not a kernel flag. It is a bootloader flag:
Code:
<key>IGPEnabler</key>
<string>01660003</string>

Is it similar to windows, that I need a kext (as the pendant to drivers) for every device?

Yes... it is software that makes devices work in any given OS.

Where do I find those, e.g for my wifi module?

WiFi: Depends on having compatible hardware. Use DPCIManager->PCI List to find out what you have. Compatible chipsets and the procedures for making them work are covered here: http://www.tonymacx86.com/network/104850-guide-airport-pcie-half-mini-v2.html

Btw, after i log in, after a few minutes I get the message that voodooHDA for ps2keyboards and trackpads (or sth like that) wasn't installed correctly and can't be used.

VoodooHDA has nothing to do with keyboard/trackpad. VoodooHDA is audio. You probably have it installed incorrectly (repair permissions via Disk Utility). I don't recommend using VoodooHDA.

Audio: Best result with patched AppleHDA. Google 'patch AppleHDA guide'. Search for suitable AppleHDA or patch it yourself. Apply appropriate DSDT patches.

DSDT patches you need for AppleHDA: https://github.com/RehabMan/Laptop-DSDT-Patch
Apply: "Audio Layout 12" (change layout-id from 12 to the layout-id used by the patched AppleHDA)
Apply: "IRQ Fix"

My laptops built in keyboard works but not the trackpad, I'm using a wireless Logitech mouse..

You should choose to install a PS2 driver specifically for the trackpad that is in your laptop. What is the manufacturer of the trackpad in your laptop?

Hello again :D
i installed chameleon with its package installer and changed my chameleon.boot.plist but still kernel panic, just bootable with the installer stick, even after i tried following your PM tutorial.. Installed the recommended things with the probook installer and did the chameleon installation.

I looked at the description for the wifi settings but I got some ralink corp. device which is not listed there.
DPCIManager says: vendor:1814 dev:539B sub ven:103C Subdev:18ED is there any change getting this to work?

For this AppleHDA Audio thing, i have to Remote the voodooHDA kexts like i did with the ATI and AMD and Then install the AppleHDA with multibeast?

the internal touchpad is synaptics

http://www.tonymacx86.com/asset.php?fid=83387&uid=1169005&d=1401701755

Hello again :D
i installed chameleon with its package installer and changed my chameleon.boot.plist but still kernel panic, just bootable with the installer stick, even after i tried following your PM tutorial.. Installed the recommended things with the probook installer and did the chameleon installation.

Provide quality photo of the KP.

I looked at the description for the wifi settings but I got some ralink corp. device which is not listed there.
DPCIManager says: vendor:1814 dev:539B sub ven:103C Subdev:18ED is there any change getting this to work?

Not supported.

For this AppleHDA Audio thing, i have to Remote the voodooHDA kexts like i did with the ATI and AMD and Then install the AppleHDA with multibeast?

It is unlikely the codecs supported by Multibeast match your audio codec. Obtain codec dump from Linux first.

the internal touchpad is synaptics

https://github.com/RehabMan/OS-X-Voodoo-PS2-Controller

Link is broken. What was it for?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back