i7-8770K
Graphics
5700XT
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
hi @all,

I created the USB-stick installer thing with unibeast and the mavericks install app from the mac app store.
When i try booting it in verbose (and cpus=1), i get the following lines and the screen blacks out immediately (it took quite a few tries to shoot this pic:D ).
my Notebook is a HP pavillion g6 2348sg with a i7-3632QM, the Intel HM76 Express chipset and dual graphics with the AMD Radeon HD 7670M and some intel Chipset (HD 4000).
I assume it is some problem with the graphics, so i tried GraphicsEnabler= Yes/No but neither worked.
Additional, the screen totally shuts off, it is not "black" it is "off" :D

Any ideas how to get the screen bright again?:)

Attachments

• photo1 (1).jpg
    photo1 (1).jpg
    345.6 KB · Views: 296
hi @all,

I created the USB-stick installer thing with unibeast and the mavericks install app from the mac app store.
When i try booting it in verbose (and cpus=1), i get the following lines and the screen blacks out immediately (it took quite a few tries to shoot this pic:D ).
my Notebook is a HP pavillion g6 2348sg with a i7-3632QM, the Intel HM76 Express chipset and dual graphics with the AMD Radeon HD 7670M and some intel Chipset (HD 4000).
I assume it is some problem with the graphics, so i tried GraphicsEnabler= Yes/No but neither worked.

Please provide complete details in your profile/signature
(Profile/Settings link in upper right corner of this site)

System: manufacturer/model
CPU: detailed CPU model + motherboard chipset
Graphics: all graphics devices + laptop internal screen resolution

For example, typical Ivy laptop:
System: HP ProBook 4540s
CPU: i5-3320m/HM76
Graphics: HD4000, 1366x768

Use CPU-Z on Windows to find CPU (Core iX-xxx) and motherboard chipset (HMxx). For a laptop, these details are important and affect critical installation procedures.

Please provide complete details in your profile/signature
(Profile/Settings link in upper right corner of this site)

Okay, i updated those details..
Now any ideas solving my problem?:)

hi @all,

Try with:
IGPEnabler=01660003 dart=0 -v

If that doesn't work, remove all Radeon kexts (AMD*, ATI*) and try:
IGPEnabler=01660003 dart=0 -v -f

Try with:
IGPEnabler=01660003 dart=0 -v
Totally did the trick!:)

Now i installed Mavericks on a spare HDD but when I boot the installed OSX with -v cpus=1 IGPEnabler=01660003 dart=0 I get the following screen and it freezes :(

Again, any ideas? :)

Attachments

• photo1 (2).jpg
    photo1 (2).jpg
    371 KB · Views: 250
Totally did the trick!:)

Now i installed Mavericks on a spare HDD but when I boot the installed OSX with -v cpus=1 IGPEnabler=01660003 dart=0 I get the following screen and it freezes :(

Again, any ideas? :)

Remove Radeon kexts (AMD*, ATI*). Instead of cpus=1 install KernelPatcher module from Chameleon.

Might be a silly question, I'm a total noob to the mac world:D

How do i actually remove kexts and how do i install this kernel patcher ?:D

Might be a silly question, I'm a total noob to the mac world:D

How do i actually remove kexts and how do i install this kernel patcher ?:D

Kexts are in /System/Library/Extensions.

The kernel patcher module can be installed via the Chameleon installer or Chameleon Wizard.

Okay, and how do I access them and install a bootloader patch when it doesn't even boot?
Can i do this from the bootable installer stick?

Okay, and how do I access them and install a bootloader patch when it doesn't even boot?
Can i do this from the bootable installer stick?

You can do it in Terminal from the USB/OS X installer. You could also try safe mode... (-x)

Use cpus=1 until you can install kernel patcher.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back