12. Plus
  13. Power Mac
  14. PowerBook
  15. Quadra
  16. SE
  17. SE/30
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
I have a XFX RX-570P8D video card that worked well with Mojave. Not perfect, but well. It was properly identified but hiccuped once in a while. I upgraded Clover and did a direct install of Catalina. The install completed successfully but I got the dreaded black screen at the end of the install. In desperation I removed the card and installed an Nvidia GT740. It works flawlessly, but of course, doesn't have anywhere near the power. I've tried a few things, including adding InjectATI with Multibeast but no go. Any help would be much appreciated. I'd REALLY like to get back to my AMD card!

I have a XFX RX-570P8D video card that worked well with Mojave. Not perfect, but well. It was properly identified but hiccuped once in a while. I upgraded Clover and did a direct install of Catalina. The install completed successfully but I got the dreaded black screen at the end of the install. In desperation I removed the card and installed an Nvidia GT740. It works flawlessly, but of course, doesn't have anywhere near the power. I've tried a few things, including adding InjectATI with Multibeast but no go. Any help would be much appreciated. I'd REALLY like to get back to my AMD card!

What kext do you use? If you use WEG, did you update to the latest version before the upgrade?

Yes, the latest version of Whatevergreen 1.3.4 is installed at /Library/Extensions

Thanks for the help. Where is my SN and UUID? I think I found the SN in config.plist.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2019-11-12 at 16.54.13.png
    Screen Shot 2019-11-12 at 16.54.13.png
    352.4 KB · Views: 65
I erased the SN but still couldn't find the UUID. Here's the EFI anyway.

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    17.4 MB · Views: 75
Before I do that, you asked for a screenshot of my /L/E folder. Here it is.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2019-11-12 at 9.58.10 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2019-11-12 at 9.58.10 AM.png
    1.2 MB · Views: 67
Before I do that, you asked for a screenshot of my /L/E folder. Here it is.
Delete nvidiagrapgicsfixup, install as I told you lilu.kext with hackintool and the new Efi folder with the new one. Do a restart. Then shutdown your hackintosh and install RX 580 and try to boot.
Of course you keep a back up of your current setup before you do anything.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back