Contribute
Register

<< Solved >> Black screen after Catalina 10.15.5 update (multi-GPU)

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you get a pink display from your iGPU is a good thing then! There's a fix for it (related to the iGPU framebuffer). Use the search for Pink screen and iGPU.

Yes, I have tried many things for that, without result (either the screen does not turn on any more, or it remains pink). Moreover, the way it starts doesn't suit me at all, all the screens flicker, everything is jostled in all directions ... under 10.15.4, everything was perfect...

I confirm, there is a problem with catalina 10.15.5 and IGPU. I reinstalled 10.15.2 without problem and updated to 10.15.4 without problem too. So I tried update 10.15.5 properly and the problem returns.
I also tried a fresh install of 10.15.5 directly, and the problem is there too. So no choice but to stay in 10.15.4, and wait until this problem finds its solution :/

For your information, the screen shutting down during the update or version 10.15.5 installation process. During the installation of 10.15.2, the 4 screens are active, the same as for the installation of updates prior to 10.15.5 ...

Have a good day :)

Okay, well it was indeed a framebuffer problem.
As I am lucky to have a fairly common configuration, my EFI folder containing clover came from a step-by-step guide for this configuration. The configuration of the framebuffers was sufficient until now, but was no longer correct for 10.15.5.

By literally returning Google, I arrived on a German forum, which gave the solution ... Just reproduce this configuration for the framebuffers, the ig-platform-id and the device-id.

I am now on catalina 10.15.5, and I have my 4 screens, as originally. Now I just have to reconfigure everything as it was .... so I installed a new hard drive to configure a TimeMachine ... I would no longer have ^^

Marked as solved ! :p

Attachments

• Bildschirmfoto 2020-06-01 um 19.20.55.png
    Bildschirmfoto 2020-06-01 um 19.20.55.png
    113.4 KB · Views: 356
  • Capture d’écran 2020-06-13 à 19.48.58.png
    Capture d’écran 2020-06-13 à 19.48.58.png
    222.7 KB · Views: 341
Awesome!

Please share your config.plist so people with identical CPU can use its Device Properties part for when they upgrade to 10.15.5.

Hi guys,

I managed to get my display up and running after changing my AAPL,ig-platform-id to 00009B3E & got the pink screen. After checking the IOReg I noticed that my HDMI was being flagged as DP. I tried to apply the patch to change framebuffer-conX-type to HDMI but it refuses to change.

Currently it shows a pink screen and keeps going off. The only way to use it is via remote connection.

Any help would be appreciated

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    3.7 MB · Views: 72
  • Hackintool.png
    Hackintool.png
    214.8 KB · Views: 146
  • IOReg.png
    IOReg.png
    201.2 KB · Views: 148
Have you tried the EFI I provided? It is normally completely ready for your motherboard ... try it, and if necessary, change the parameters you need ... There is indeed not only ig-platform-id to modify. In the file I sent, all the frambuffers are normally properly patched

Have you tried the EFI I provided? It is normally completely ready for your motherboard ... try it, and if necessary, change the parameters you need ... There is indeed not only ig-platform-id to modify. In the file I sent, all the frambuffers are normally properly patched
I resolved it by going back to 10.15.4 and changing my device id to 00003E9B and platform-id to 3E9B0000 and ensured that all the busids are correct. I then updated to 10.15.5 and all the ports work with acceleration.

Apparently the patches don't apply on 10.15.5 if you haven't correctly mapped it on 10.15.4 on the above device and platform ids. I was previously able to use 10.15.4 with 3E9B0007 and updated without checking.
Screen Shot 2020-06-17 at 10.40.41 PM.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back