Contribute
Register

Black screen after boot on Mojave

Status
Not open for further replies.
now I'm just gonna go back through the thread and make the changes to my bios.
Have you tried a different OS like Windows and much better Linux to check if it is MoBo /BIOS related or OS related Keyboard and Mouse issue?

You can run a Small Linux Distro like Puppy Linux as I have posted at #1
If you are familiar with Linux you can use its tools to query the Motherboard and connected devices.
  • You can create a USB Installer using the small linux distro called Fatdog64-801.iso in Windows10 with the help of Rufus 3.5
  • You can run the Fatdog64 USB Installer on your selected Desktop computer you are installing macOSMojave without installing it on a hard disk.
  • It runs from RAM and from its Desktop, you can run its Tools or Terminal command to find the hardware information (Chipsets)
  • You can test all the hardware like Mouse, keyboard, Video card, Sound Card, Ethernet, WiFi etc from Linux run from RAM without Hard disk installation.
Hope you can find a cause and fix it. I hate to RMA anything. It is a pain.
Please post the outcome of your effort to help others.

Windows will not install, RMA is a option for me because I got it third party. So Attempted to try MacOS on more time an this is the message I get.

Attachments

• A3C21FC5-B92A-462B-A11E-C7A216F69728.jpeg
    A3C21FC5-B92A-462B-A11E-C7A216F69728.jpeg
    3.4 MB · Views: 53
Windows will not install, RMA is a option for me because I got it third party. So Attempted to try MacOS on more time an this is the message I get.

• I have seen very rarely this problem occurring if one or more of the RAM module has problem.
  • How many RAM module and Total RAM you have on this board. Their Make and Model in full, please.

2 modules
2 ddr4 Ram
DIMM_A1-corsair 8192mb 2400mhz
DIMM_B1-corsair 8192mb 2400mhz
XMP DDR4-2400 16-16-16-39-1.20V

2 modules
2 ddr4 Ram
DIMM_A1-corsair 8192mb 2400mhz
DIMM_B1-corsair 8192mb 2400mhz
XMP DDR4-2400 16-16-16-39-1.20V
Is this Asus recommended Memory for this board?

Yes. it even lists this brand in the manual.
Just for as a trial, Remove the 2nd Module from CPU _HeatSink fan area and try with the First one only.
If it resolves the issue of mouse and keyboard freeze, either that RAM or that Socket has a problem
If it still has issue, install the removed RAM in Slot one and Remove current one from there.
You have to play this switcheroo with the RAM and sockets until you succeed or confirm there is a problem for RAM or MoBo.
If you have another PC where you can try the Removed RAM, it is easy to Rule out RAM being the cause.

I switch then, replaced them and I have tested the ram issue and the problem persists.

I switch then, replaced them and I have tested the ram issue and the problem persists.
NEVERMIND MIND IT WORKED! MOUSE AND KEYBOARD ARE WORKING, ONE PROBLEM ITS SAIDS THA MY DISK IS LOCKED?? sorry for all caps I was excited.

NEVERMIND MIND IT WORKED! MOUSE AND KEYBOARD ARE WORKING, ONE PROBLEM ITS SAIDS THA MY DISK IS LOCKED?? sorry for all caps I was excited.
  • Tell us EXACTLY , how did it work?
  • Is it the RAM module the Problem?
    • If so which one?
  • Is it the Socket?
    • If so, is it the 2nd Socket?
  • I am just trying to improve my own knowledge base.
Always upload Verbose screen shot.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back