Contribute
Register

Black screen after boot on Mojave

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good — you are installing 10.14.4.

In BIOS, XHCI Handoff should be enabled.

It might be a good idea to remove USBInjectAll.kext and XHCI-Unsupported.kext from the CLOVER/kexts/Other folder at least temporarily. I just want to see whether there might be conflicting with the USB port limit patch.
it boot but once I get to this screen the mouse just sits on the corner there.
here is how I boot: once the clover screen show I click the space bar verbose]----> booth with selected options. XHCI HANDOFF is enabled.
IMG_0415.PNGIMG_0416.PNG

Last edited:
  • Were you able to progress in your macOSMojave USB boot beyond the "Prohibited Entry Error Screen"?
  • What happened to verbose boot screen since you made the suggested changes to your kexts/Other?
    • You need to keep on uploading your Verbose boot screens for helpers to know what is happening on your Monitor screen during Verbose boot.
  • At what stage of booting you needed to use your Keyboard and Mouse to find out that they had become inoperable?
I cannot get past the language selection because the mouse and keyboard don't work
it boots fine using verbose boot method.i just cab set up Mojave because the mouse and keyboard aren't working.
the curser just chillis in the corner.

Attachments

• IMG_0434.PNG
    IMG_0434.PNG
    2.3 MB · Views: 71
  • IMG_0435.PNG
    IMG_0435.PNG
    4.4 MB · Views: 68
  • IMG_0436.PNG
    IMG_0436.PNG
    4 MB · Views: 67
  • IMG_0437.PNG
    IMG_0437.PNG
    4.1 MB · Views: 64
  • IMG_0438.PNG
    IMG_0438.PNG
    4.5 MB · Views: 71
  • IMG_0439.PNG
    IMG_0439.PNG
    6.8 MB · Views: 74
  • IMG_0415.PNG
    IMG_0415.PNG
    4.3 MB · Views: 72
  • IMG_0416.PNG
    IMG_0416.PNG
    6.2 MB · Views: 63
Presuming you have Wired USB Mouse and Keyboard (not Wireless or BlueTooth) , try to
remove and re-insert the USB Mouse and keyboard to the same port to see if they get Power again. If still a problem, move that to another port at the back Preferably USB 2.0 to check. Do you have the old fashioned PS2 Mouse and Keyboard with you?

Edit:

If you can upload from CBM Screen>Options sub menu screen shots to see if we can do some temporary fixes .

The screen shot required can be reached through:

CBM>Options >ACPI Patching-> Custom DSDT Patches->
[ ]
[ ]
[ ]
[ ]
[ ]

Last edited:
Presuming you have Wired USB Mouse and Keyboard (not Wireless or BlueTooth) , try to
remove and re-insert the USB Mouse and keyboard to the same port to see if they get Power again. If still a problem, move that to another port at the back Preferably USB 2.0 to check. Do you have the old fashioned PS2 Mouse and Keyboard with you?
I have a wired ONN keyboard and a Logitech mouse that uses the USB to connect to the pc?
ill go grab a wired mouse and see what happens.
I really appreciate all the help you're giving.

I have a wired ONN keyboard and a Logitech mouse that uses the USB to connect to the pc?
ill go grab a wired mouse and see what happens.
I really appreciate all the help you're giving.
Also read my edited portion in my last post about a CBM_Option -ACPI Patching-> to check to see if you have unchecked Custom DSDT Patches check boxes available to √ select .
I have uploaded the Final Screen shot showing Temporary, last minute, "USB fixes" that can be tried during active booting with an already created USB Installer that might have Unselected Patches to √.

Attachments

• 1.CBM_OPTIONS_ACPI Patching_ _Custom DSDT Patches .png
    1.CBM_OPTIONS_ACPI Patching_ _Custom DSDT Patches .png
    995.7 KB · Views: 67
Also read my edited portion in my last post about a CBM_Option -ACPI Patching-> to check to see if you have unchecked Custom DSDT Patches check boxes available to √ select .
I have uploaded the Final Screen shot showing Temporary, last minute, "USB fixes" that can be tried during active booting with an already created USB Installer that might have Unselected Patches to √.
there is nothing in Custom DSDT patchers

there is nothing in Custom DSDT patchers
  • If you still cannot use your USB Input Devices at Language Selection Screen during installation, the only option you now have is to edit config.plist.
  • Mount the EFI Partition of your USB Installer Flash disk using Clover Configurator Global Clover Configurator 5.4.1.1 (Global Edition) on RealMac or working Hackintosh and then access EFI>EFI>CLOVER>config.plist
  • and open it with the CCG (used to mount EFI) and edit ACPI_DSDT >Patches as indicated in CBM screen shots
  • See images below of config.plist_ACPI_DSDT Patches selection

Attachments

• 1.config.plist_ACPI_DSDT Patching .png
    1.config.plist_ACPI_DSDT Patching .png
    310.9 KB · Views: 90
  • 2.config.plist_ACPI _DSDT Patching .png
    2.config.plist_ACPI _DSDT Patching .png
    388.2 KB · Views: 86
Last edited:
okay, I did it, there are patches in the custom DSDT patch but the mouse is still stuck in the corner.

• If you still cannot use your USB Input Devices at Language Selection Screen during installation, the only option you now have is to edit config.plist.
  • Mount the EFI Partition of your USB Installer Flash disk using Clover Configurator Global Clover Configurator 5.4.1.1 (Global Edition) on RealMac or working Hackintosh and then access EFI>EFI>CLOVER>config.plist
  • and open it with the CCG (used to mount EFI) and edit ACPI_DSDT >Patches as indicated in CBM screen shots
  • See images below of config.plist_ACPI_DSDT Patches selection
okay, I did it, there are patches in the custom DSDT patch but the mouse is still stuck in the corner.

The USBInjectAll.kext I saw in your EFI/CLOVER/kexts/Other is dated Jan 2018.
RehabMan's Bucket has a kext more recent one RehabMan-USBInjectAll-2018-1108.zip
Similarly check all kexts there and install the latest .
The XHCI-Unsupported I uploaded was the recent one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back