Graphics
RX 580
Mac
  1. iMac
Classic Mac
  1. iMac
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Hello! I have installed Mojave recently and I need to wait the computer sleeps totally, before go to login screen. When the progress bar goes around 75% the screen makes a flash and enter on the black screen. The computer is responding, caps lock works. I need to wait about 15 minutes on black screen until the computer enter on sleep mode and all seems to be turned off, the fans and leds go off, then I click on keyboard to wake up and it returns at the normal login screen. So I put the password and enter to Mojave. I got 15 minutes of black screen, and after system sleeps and I click to wake up, the login screen appears. Once inside, everything seems to be normal. 4K videos runs smoothly. Could someone share if you know the reason of this this time on black screen and how to resolve? Thank you very much!

Specs:
ASUS P6X58D-E (Legacy BIOS)
i7 950 3.07Ghz (Bloomfield)
ASUS RX580 DUAL OC 8GB
Kingston 24GB DDR3 1333 Mhz
Kingston SSD 480GB
Power Supply Cooler Master 750W

*If I go to System Preferences/Energy Saver and change the time of Computer Sleep to 3 hours, I will need to wait 3 hours of black screen on boot before the computer enter in sleep mode, so I can wake up and go to login screen. (Attached my config.plist and kexts at EFI/CLOVER/kexts/Other)

Attachments

• config.plist
    4.7 KB · Views: 149
  • Screen Shot 2019-03-05 at 00.01.49.png
    Screen Shot 2019-03-05 at 00.01.49.png
    139.8 KB · Views: 151
Last edited:
Update

I bought a display port Samsung 4k monitor and the screen is normal at display port, BUT the second monitor, with DVI conector, I still need to wait the computer sleep and wake up to get the signal.

I get this screen when I try to install Mojave?

Motherboard: Asus Rog Strix B360-I Gaming Mini Itx
CPU: Intel core I7-8700 6 core
GPU: None
Ram: Vengeance 16gb
HDD: WD 1T
SSD: Sandisk 500GB
Power Supply: Evga 750W
57773360613__2A9D2F65-9347-4138-A46A-E991C11309CF.JPG

I get this screen when I try to install Mojave?

Motherboard: Asus Rog Strix B360-I Gaming Mini Itx
CPU: Intel core I7-8700 6 core
GPU: None
Ram: Vengeance 16gb
HDD: WD 1T
SSD: Sandisk 500GB
Power Supply: Evga 750W View attachment 401356
Reboot and do this at the Clover Boot Menu:
  • Press spacebar. This will show a list of options.
  • Use down-arrow key to go to "Verbose".
  • Press spacebar to toggle it on.
  • Now try the installation again. When it freezes, capture and upload a photo.
  • If the screen is garbled and the last line says "Still waiting for root device" then move your USB install disk to a Black USB 2 port and try again.

Reboot and do this at the Clover Boot Menu:
  • Press spacebar. This will show a list of options.
  • Use down-arrow key to go to "Verbose".
  • Press spacebar to toggle it on.
  • Now try the installation again. When it freezes, capture and upload a photo.
  • If the screen is garbled and the last line says "Still waiting for root device" then move your USB install disk to a Black USB 2 port and try again.
I did it and got this.

Attachments

• IMG_0396.PNG
    IMG_0396.PNG
    3.1 MB · Views: 208
I did it and got this.

Well it's hard to read that text even when magnified! But I reckon that says just what @CaseySJ said it might, so move your UniBeast USB to a black USB2 port. There are two on the back panel under the 'flame' logo.

:)

Nothing worked. Any other suggestions?

Nothing worked. Any other suggestions?
Please post the config.plist from EFI folder of the USB install disk. It's possible that the USB port limit patch is not installed. I have also encountered some strange behavior when installing 10.14.4 directly where black USB 2.0 ports do not work, but USB 3 ports are fine. Still need to ensure that the 10.14.4 port limit patch is installed.

By the way, are you installing 10.14.4 or a different version?

here you go! Thanks for all your help btw.

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    18 MB · Views: 121
  • config.plist
    8.4 KB · Views: 158
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back