Contribute
Register

Black screen after boot on Mojave

Status
Not open for further replies.
the serial port was already disabled and I have changed the graphics configuration.
anything else?
  • That's all I could gather from the posted screen shots and uploaded CLOVER (assuming Verbose boot, CLOVER upload and BIOS options are all related to each other in time and not separated by time)

• Whatever issues occur at a time, are related to BIOS and CLOVER used to run that macOSMojave System file from macOSUSB Installer disk on the Hardware inside the Computer case.

• Since the only things that don't change are the hardware and the MacOS Mojave System file inside the Flash disk, the problem has to be due to BIOS or CLOVER.

• We have to look at the Problem (verbose boot Screen) and correlate with BIOS and CLOVER contents.

Last edited:
gotcha, so would you like for me to video the boot so you can see it from start to finish?

also is it possible that the USB on motherboard just don't work?

• You may shoot Video.
  • But I need screen capture from Frame freezing where you think, you are seeing a problem whether verbose or Gui (apple Logo) .
  • I have a 'gut feeling' this may work as I could see BIOS and CLOVER on one time and your listed hardware in use .

Not from your Verbose boot screen the last time.
You had that problem before shown on Verbose boot screen at #3
Then with BIOS , CLOVER/kexts/Other and config.plist changes , they were fixed. Rt?

Attachments

• 1.Prohibit Entry Error. from USB Port Failure.png
    1.Prohibit Entry Error. from USB Port Failure.png
    50.2 KB · Views: 51
Last edited:
yes, that part was fixed.

the only issue now is the mouse and keyboard isn't working when macOS boot to the language selection screen.
Mac Mojave is booted I just can't get the mouse or keyboard to work.

the only issue now is the mouse and keyboard isn't working when macOS boot to the language selection screen.
Mac Mojave is booted I just can't get the mouse or keyboard to work.
  • That's a tough thing.
  • I think you had this before.
  • This appears to be problem with the MoBo itself.
  • The USB controllers have some inherent problem or
  • is it Overheating !
If your computer case is closed, Remove the side Panels to keep it open, .
I don't know the Climate of your region in the world at the moment.
Try running a Fan into the case to cool it.
If Overheating is NOT the issue
BIOS Flash to upgrade to the latest,
or
Return of MoBo and going for another one.

I have no other suggestion.

the mouse and keyboard work fine before the boot, I have three fans in the case plus a CPU cooler, I live in the southern states so it gets pretty hot here, but my the case is cooled. my CPU temperature is 32c. I have successfully updated my BIOS.

now I'm just gonna go back through the thread and make the changes to my bios.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back