Contribute
Register

Black screen after boot on Mojave

Status
Not open for further replies.
Please try the attached EFI folder -- it is for 10.14.4 only. It will fail on any other version.

The folder must be rename, of course, to just EFI.

It should be copied to the EFI partition of your USB install disk as follows:
  • Insert USB install disk on your Mac.
  • Mount the EFI partition with Clover Configurator or "EFI Mounter v3".
  • Backup or rename the existing EFI folder.
  • Copy the new one it is place (name should be "EFI").
  • Try to install Mojave 10.14.4 on the Hackintosh.
This version has a number of changes. The most noticeable will be the display of "verbose" log messages during startup and shutdown. This is okay. Verbose Mode can be disabled after Mojave is installed.

Attachments

• EFI-GasperLoto.zip
    18.2 MB · Views: 81
Please try the attached EFI folder -- it is for 10.14.4 only. It will fail on any other version.

The folder must be renamed, of course, to just EFI.

It should be copied to the EFI partition of your USB install disk as follows:
  • Insert USB install disk on your Mac.
  • Mount the EFI partition with Clover Configurator or "EFI Mounter v3".
  • Backup or rename the existing EFI folder.
  • Copy the new one it is placed (name should be "EFI").
  • Try to install Mojave 10.14.4 on the Hackintosh.
This version has a number of changes. The most noticeable will be the display of "verbose" log messages during startup and shutdown. This is okay. Verbose Mode can be disabled after Mojave is installed.
Great, it booted but my mouse can keyboard isn't working?

Last edited:
Great, it booted but my mouse can keyboard isn't working?
Try moving the mouse and keyboard to a USB 3 port. USB 2 ports might not work during the install process.

Try moving the mouse and keyboard to a USB 3 port. USB 2 ports might not work during the install process.
i got to where it asked me to choose a language and the mouse and keyboard didn't work
i have already tried a different USB port and nothing changed.

i got to where it asked me to choose a language and the mouse and keyboard didn't work
i have already tried a different USB port and nothing changed.
Are you installing 10.14.4? This can be tricky to determine. On your Mac you will find a file called “Install macOS Mojave” in the Applications folder. When you select it and choose File —> Get Info, what is the “Version” number shown?

Are you installing 10.14.4? This can be tricky to determine. On your Mac you will find a file called “Install macOS Mojave” in the Applications folder. When you select it and choose File —> Get Info, what is the “Version” number shown?
Screen Shot 2019-04-26 at 9.11.27 AM.png

here you go! Thanks for all your help btw.

• Please remove XHCI-200series-injector.kext from EFI/CLOVER/kexts/Other and Copy&Paste XHCI-unsupported.kext for your Asus ROG STRIX B360-I gaming [See uploaded image and zipped kext]
Edited to add: In the absence of any BIOS Screen Captures to confirm, I have assumed your BIOS Options for USB Controllers are all properly Enabled.

Attachments

• 1.kexts:Other.png
    1.kexts:Other.png
    57.6 KB · Views: 73
  • XHCI-unsupported.kext.zip
    2.6 KB · Views: 56
  • Please remove XHCI-200series-injector.kext from EFI/CLOVER/kexts/Other and Copy&Paste XHCI-unsupported.kext for your Asus ROG STRIX B360-I gaming [See uploaded image and zipped kext]
Edited to add: In the absence of any BIOS Screen Captures to confirm, I have assumed your BIOS Options for USB Controllers are all properly Enabled.
yes, bios options are properly enabled. mouse and keyboard not working still.

Good — you are installing 10.14.4.

In BIOS, XHCI Handoff should be enabled.

It might be a good idea to remove USBInjectAll.kext and XHCI-Unsupported.kext from the CLOVER/kexts/Other folder at least temporarily. I just want to see whether these might be conflicting with the USB port limit patch.

• Were you able to progress in your macOSMojave USB boot beyond the "Prohibited Entry Error Screen"?
  • What happened to verbose boot screen since you made the suggested changes to your kexts/Other?
    • You need to keep on uploading your Verbose boot screens for helpers to know what is happening on your Monitor screen during Verbose boot.
  • At what stage of booting you needed to use your Keyboard and Mouse to find out that they had become inoperable?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back