Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Asus Sabertooth Z77
CPU
i5 3570K
Graphics
GTX 570
Hi, I have had a running hackintosh for a while, but after I updated from the app store the screen just goes black after the boot screen:

Heres a picture right before it goes black in -v mode:
IMG_0231.JPG

Any tips or advice would be awesome. I'm running z77 Sabertooth w/ 2 GTX 570's. I've tried booting from the USB which I installed from using -v npci=0x2000 PCIRootUID=yes GraphicsEnabler=Yes, no luck. So if you have a solution for me, please help me out. Thanks.

Hi, I have had a running hackintosh for a while, but after I updated from the app store the screen just goes black after the boot screen:

Heres a picture right before it goes black in -v mode:
View attachment 139403

Any tips or advice would be awesome. I'm running z77 Sabertooth w/ 2 GTX 570's. I've tried booting from the USB which I installed from using -v npci=0x2000 PCIRootUID=yes GraphicsEnabler=Yes, no luck. So if you have a solution for me, please help me out. Thanks.

My first suggestion is for you to update your Profile filling the System: section with the EXACT Make and Model of the Motherboard preferably with its BIOS version # on which you are troubleshooting your OSX problem. You should also fill other relevant hardware data against the listed options there. This ensures readers can easily find the hardware details quickly without having to scroll back to the original posting and reading from its body.

In order to stop readers from assuming wrongly about your system, besides giving the hardware Specifications in your Profile, please LIST the Exact BIOS Options you have selected for the current booting of the OSX USB Installer or OSX HDD [Ex: Unibeast Yosemite USB Installer / Clover Yosemite USB Installer or Yosemite HDD with Chimera Boot loader or Clover Boot loader] rather than using such vague terms like "I have booted with the Usual CMOS settings".

Just as you have listed correctly, the boot flags used to boot the HDD or USB Installer are essential and very useful in diagnosing the problem and offering help.

Just like you have attempted here, a proper Screen Capture image of a Verbose mode booting uploaded with the posting will often help in narrowing the cause of the trouble.

If the Kernel Panic is not from an incompatible BIOS settings, then, on the basis of probability, (not based on your Verbose boot screen image which has not given me any clue) the most common problem I have encountered after a system update from Apple Store deals with *AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement.kext . If that is the case the Yosemite HDD does not boot even with -x and -f boot flags and you have to backup or delete that offending kext through Terminal commands via Single User mode start up. ( -s boot flag) .

If you have dual boot system with Windows and that Windows system has software installed to access HFS+ file system, you can easily locate Yosemite HDD>System>Library>Extensions , RIGHT-click>Delete *AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement.kext

Once you get rid of *AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement.kext , you may be able to boot with or without -x to tackle other kext problems that might still be issues in a verbose boot after an Apple Update.
Good luck

Hi,

Thanks for your response, I've updated my profile with my specs. I also use a UniBeast Yosemite USB Installer. I tried to boot up -s but still get the black screen. I also used HFSexplorer, but that only lets you view OS X files, so I can't remove the suggested kext (AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement.kext).

Anything else that might alleviate this situation?

I've tried booting from the USB which I installed from using -v npci=0x2000 PCIRootUID=yes GraphicsEnabler=Yes, no luck. So if you have a solution for me, please help me out. Thanks.

Wrong usage of flag PCIRootUID, It should be PCIRootUID=1 (For your configuration)

Which port you are using for Monitor connection?? VGA not supported on Yosemite. Use DVI/HDMI connection without using any converters.

Try booting with "dart=0 PCIRootUID=1 GraphicsEnabler=Yes IGPEnabler=No -f -v".

Hi, thanks for the responses, I use DVI cables to connect my monitors, I tried to boot using:

Wrong usage of flag PCIRootUID, It should be PCIRootUID=1 (For your configuration)

Which port you are using for Monitor connection?? VGA not supported on Yosemite. Use DVI/HDMI connection without using any converters.

Try booting with "dart=0 PCIRootUID=1 GraphicsEnabler=Yes IGPEnabler=No -f -v".

But I'm still getting the black screen...

Hi, thanks for the responses, I use DVI cables to connect my monitors, I tried to boot using:

But I'm still getting the black screen...

If you Google with the search term Full access to Mac HFS File System under Windows 8 you can find the software to be installed in Windows 8 to make your Windows 8 disk in the current computer capable of all required permissions to find and then Right- click >Delete Yosemite HDD/S/L/E > Offending Kext . Unfortunately, through installed Linux system or LiveCD, even though you can locate and read the files you cannot get Permission to Edit or Delete files without a lot of tweaks.

If you Google with the search term Full access to Mac HFS File System under Windows 8 you can find the software to be installed in Windows 8 to make your Windows 8 disk in the current computer capable of all required permissions to find and then Right- click >Delete Yosemite HDD/S/L/E > Offending Kext . Unfortunately, through installed Linux system or LiveCD, even though you can locate and read the files you cannot get Permission to Edit or Delete files without a lot of tweaks.

Done, got the software, deleted the kext you specified. Attempted booting with -x, no go.

Attempted booting dart=0 PCIRootUID=1 GraphicsEnabler=Yes IGPEnabler=No -f -v, no go.

I checked the monitor cables, disconnected, switched, reconnected them with no change. The monitor appears to be receiving input since its indicator light is solid.

Done, got the software, deleted the kext you specified. Attempted booting with -x, no go.

Attempted booting dart=0 PCIRootUID=1 GraphicsEnabler=Yes IGPEnabler=No -f -v, no go.

I checked the monitor cables, disconnected, switched, reconnected them with no change. The monitor appears to be receiving input since its indicator light is solid.

Since the system allowed you to use Windows 8 without any problem your Video cable and Video card and Monitor must be OK. It is a driver issue that is causing the problem is my educated guess. Now that IntelCPUPowerManagement kext and IntelCPUPowerManagement client.kext are out you may have to think in terms of Video card driver issues or Ethernet Card driver problems. You may once again peek into S/L/E through Windows 8 for any other suspicious kexts in there.

In the mean time, just as a trial , why don't you connect the Monitor to the HDMI port of Integrated Graphics adapter, enable>IGD in BIOS and Disable: PEG and use the Boot flags -v -x npci=0x2000 GraphicsEnabler=No PCIRootUID=1 and boot.
I am interested to see if that can make any difference.

This is based on the assumption of incompatible PCIE Graphic Card . Later, if you succeed to install Yosemite on HDD , you may download and install appropriate Web driver for your add-on card and Enable PEG to boot .

Since the system allowed you to use Windows 8 without any problem your Video cable and Video card and Monitor must be OK. It is a driver issue that is causing the problem is my educated guess. Now that IntelCPUPowerManagement kext and IntelCPUPowerManagement client.kext are out you may have to think in terms of Video card driver issues or Ethernet Card driver problems. You may once again peek into S/L/E through Windows 8 for any other suspicious kexts in there.

In the mean time, just as a trial , why don't you connect the Monitor to the HDMI port of Integrated Graphics adapter, enable>IGD in BIOS and Disable: PEG and use the Boot flags -v -x npci=0x2000 GraphicsEnabler=No PCIRootUID=1 and boot.
I am interested to see if that can make any difference.

This is based on the assumption of incompatible PCIE Graphic Card . Later, if you succeed to install Yosemite on HDD , you may download and install appropriate Web driver for your add-on card and Enable PEG to boot .

My monitors don't have HDMI ports :cry:.

My monitors don't have HDMI ports :cry:.

If the Monitor has DVI port, you may connect using DVI to DVI cable .

You did delete both instances of AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement kexts in the previous step, didn't you?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back