2.9 MB · Views: 42
  • VA213994.JPG
    VA213994.JPG
    2.9 MB · Views: 70
  • VA213995.JPG
    VA213995.JPG
    2.4 MB · Views: 63
Last edited:
Screen images show that the kexts in your Clover folder are not being loaded as different versions are already present in your prelinked kernel, i.e. have been installed to /Library/Extenstions folder and the kernel cache has been rebuilt with the older versions fo the kexts.

I have removed the following kexts from the revised /EFI/CLOVER/kexts/Other folder:
  1. Lilu.kext
  2. AppleALC.kext
  3. WhateverGreen.kext
Do you know if you have installed FakeSMC.kext to the /Library/Extensions folder? If yes you will need to remove VirtualSMC.kext from the /Clover/kexts/Folder.

Attached EFI doesn't contain these kexts. See if that works.

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    3.2 MB · Views: 60
Hello,
(sorry for the delay in my reply, but I got a Tonymac xmas present - being banned por posting links to other filesharing sites... :/ I didn't notice the notifications and bam. I guess I learned me lesson)

I have no FakeSMC.kext in L/E, or S/L/E, so I did not change your provided EFI.
I replaced my SSD EFI with yours, and got this screen panic.
Should I have done anything else? Remove or copy any file to the SSD? Rebuilt kext cache?

Attachments

• IMG_20201225_115915.jpg
    IMG_20201225_115915.jpg
    588.5 KB · Views: 39
Screen image doesn't show anything useful. Kernel panic cause is shown on screen(s) before this stop screen.

Could be because I removed the more recent version of Lilu.kext from the /CLOVER/kexts/Other folder and the version of VirtualSMC.kext in this folder requires a newer version of Lilu.kext than you are using from your /Library/Extensions folder.

Boot in to your system, remove any third-party kexts you have installed to /Library/Extensions folder.

REPAIR PERMISSIONS and REBUILD KEXTCACHE, before you reboot your system. This will reset your kextcache and prelinked kernel, and stop the system using the old versions of the three kexts listed in post #12.

If you don't know how to repair permissions and rebuild the kextcache here is a set of Terminal Commands for you to copy and paste to do the job.

Repair permissions in /S/L/E (System/Library/Extensions) and /L/E (Library/Extensions) folders
Type each of the following commands (separately) in Terminal:​
sudo chmod -Rf 755 /S*/L*/E*
sudo chmod -Rf 755 /L*/E*
sudo chown -Rf 0:0 /S*/L*/E*
sudo chown -Rf 0:0 /L*/E*
Rebuild Kext Cache
Type the following command in the Terminal:​
sudo kextcache -i /

Restart your computer for the repairs to take effect.​
Easiest way to get these commands right when entering them in to Terminal is to copy and paste each line, one at a time and press enter after pasting the line of text to activate it.​

Use the attached /EFI/CLOVER folder, which again contains recent versions of the three essential kexts.

The attached folder won't work if you don't remove the older versions of the kexts from /L/E and rebuild the kextcache and prelinked kernel.

Attachments

• EFI 2.zip
    4.6 MB · Views: 74
No you don't need to make a UniBeast installer.

You can update Catalina to Big Sur using the Apple Software Update option in System Preferences.

Just make sure you create a CLONE of your working Catalina Drive before you run the update to Big Sur.

You've lost me. Sorry I'm not sure what you are saying or meaning.

If you mean you have installed the Catalina installer to a USB and added OpenCore to the installer, configured OpenCore for your Coffee Lake system, following the Dortania guide. Then yes you can try to install Catalina with the USB installer you have created, without having to use UniBeast.

Sorry if I was confusing.
1. I created an Unibeast and installed Catalina, and never succeeded in booting from the SSD until post #11.
2. In the meantime, I created a new OpenCore install USB, succeeded in installing and booting, and right now I have a functional OpenCore Catalina with only one caveat: having 2560x1440 instead of 3840 x 2160 resolution.

So: although I have a functional Catalina, I am still not happy with it because I need the full resolution with UHD630 HDMI. That is why I still lay hopes in the tonymacx86 method.

My question: can I just swap EFI folders, or are there other dependencies is LE or SLE? (I did not copy any files over there, at least that I know of)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back