Graphics
GT730
Mac
  1. Mac mini
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
hi this is my first hackintosh build and I'm very confused. Basically i get a black screen after the apple logo, and my monitor goes into standby mode. The hdd led is doing nothing but the flash drive led is blinking, i have not changed anything in my BIOS because everything listed to change wasn't there. i can't get past the black screen and when ever i do it in single user mode, or command line mode it will not boot it will just give me an error saying something in nanoseconds. I appreciate any help, thanks.

MOBO: gigabyte h81m-h

hi this is my first hackintosh build and I'm very confused. Basically i get a black screen after the apple logo, and my monitor goes into standby mode. The hdd led is doing nothing but the flash drive led is blinking, i have not changed anything in my BIOS because everything listed to change wasn't there. i can't get past the black screen and when ever i do it in single user mode, or command line mode it will not boot it will just give me an error saying something in nanoseconds. I appreciate any help, thanks.

• In your Profile, against System: please replace MACOSX with your Motherboard Make & Model and its BIOS Version. With that, your System Hardware Profile of major hardware will be accessible through out the thread.
  • Please indicate whether you are using Unibeast or Clover type of Yosemite USB Installer and the versions of Unibeast or Clover used.
  • Although a number of of your GA-motherboard BIOS Settings default options may be appropriate for Yosemite installation, there are settings that need to be changed.
  • Common approach is :
    • Load Optimized Defaults: This is the first thing to do before making CMOS choices listed below. Load Optimized Defaults could be in Save and Exit Menu
      Set the Correct Date and Time to your Time zone
      SATA Mode Selection: AHCI [You have to select this if it is not the default ]
      Boot Option Priorities: USB Installer Boot # 1 and Target HDD Boot #2
      You may have to choose them first in HDD boot Priority. Even the USB FD may be under HDD!
      VT-d >Disabled [ENABLED could be the default, so you need to actively choose]
      Windows 8 Features
      Other OS [must select this for OSX install unless this is the default there ]
      CSM Support >> Always > Enables UEFI CSM
      Initial Display Output : IGFX to set the onboard graphics [if your add on PCIE video card is not supported by Yosemite, you may already know the answer from your own research. If sure about support, then choose PCIE here
      XHCI Mode: Auto [NOT the default Smart Auto active choice required]
      Audio Controller: ENABLED [that is the Default]
      Intel Processor Graphics : ENABLED [Default ]
      Legacy USB Support: ENABLED [Default]
      XHCI Hand-off –ENABLED [Default]
      EHCI Hand-off –ENABLED [Default is DISABLED so active choice is needed]
      Integrated SATA Controller : ENABLED [Default]
      Intel Smart Connect Technology-ISCT Configuration: Disabled [default]
The above list is not comprehensive but has most of the important ones. Some options may not be in your BIOS.

You should then boot your USB Installer with -v flag and if it gets stopped, post a clear image of the Verbose Screen here using the options below this page.
Good luck

Remove the GFX card from motherboard and try booting with onboard graphics port.

Use only DVI-DVI or HDMI-HDMI cable for monitor connection.

After connecting the monitor cable to onboard port, try booting with flag "dart=0 -f -x -v"

Note:- There is nothing can do from single user mode.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back