1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Hello there!

I'm trying to install Mavericks on:
Mobo: Asrock Z87 Extreme 4
CPU: i7 4770
GPU: Sapphire R9 280X VAPOR X

After starting the install the apple logo shows itself for about a second (if i type in -v all kexts load fine) and right after that my computer restarts.
My BIOS is not yet patched. (can't really be a problem since nullcpu would handle it)
I tried the suggested switches. Tried to disable the main GPU and use the IGPU. VT is off. HT is off. I tried all things on this forum but nothing helped. (I might missed something)
I'm using a HDMI cable.

Can anyone of you help me out?

Thank you for your time! Have a nice day!

Someone suggested to "Prepare Mavericks Pen Drive using Unibeast, remove Chimera and install 2.1.2 the 2.2.0 wouldn't stop reboot looping, copy Multibeast to installer drive".

How does one remove Chimera and install 2.1.2? I can't seem to figure this out.

Thanks!

Just for "fun" I tried to start the installer on an old HP laptop and it could start the installer and then black screen. This means that the installer itself is OK. So I guess it's something to do with my haswell cpu or my asrock z87 extreme 4 motherboard.

Hello there!

I'm trying to install Mavericks on:
Mobo: Asrock Z87 Extreme 4
CPU: i7 4770
GPU: Sapphire R9 280X VAPOR X

After starting the install the apple logo shows itself for about a second (if i type in -v all kexts load fine) and right after that my computer restarts.
My BIOS is not yet patched. (can't really be a problem since nullcpu would handle it)
I tried the suggested switches. Tried to disable the main GPU and use the IGPU. VT is off. HT is off. I tried all things on this forum but nothing helped. (I might missed something)
I'm using a HDMI cable.

Can anyone of you help me out?

Thank you for your time! Have a nice day!

You need to either patch your BIOS or patch mach_kernel.

See: http://www.tonymacx86.com/mavericks...-locked-msrs-hp-envy-15-j063cl-i7-4700mq.html

NullCPU doesn't help with Haswell on locked boards because PM is handled in the kernel, not AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement.

Thank you for your suggestion! Will try it and report back!

Thank you! Your suggestion worked! If I am able to get everything working on my setup I will post a guide of it.

Again, thank you! :)

Thank you! Your suggestion worked! If I am able to get everything working on my setup I will post a guide of it.

Again, thank you! :)

Nice to hear you're making progress...

Hi there again!

So I got Mavericks installed on my machine. Pretty much everything is working. My only problem is that my i7 4770 (non k) only works at 800mhz-3400mhz-3700mhz.
I used ssdtPRGen:
Number of Turbo States: 5 (3500-3900 MHz)
Number of P-States: 32 (800-3900 MHz)
Injected C-States for CPU0 (C1,C3,C6)
Injected C-States for CPU1 (C1,C2,C3)

So it creates all the states for my CPU, but now I have no idea what to do now that it did. It created a ssdt_pr.dsl file on my desktop and it created a compiled ssdt file in my Extra folder.
Also I tried to use various system definitions but I get only the mentioned 3 states (only 2 with Mac Pro 3.1).

Do I need to enable any switches in Chameleon Wizard? Like Drop SSDT or Enable C states?

Thank you for your help!

Do I need a specific boot loader to enable all the states? Currently I'm using the latest "simple" Chameleon bootloader 2334.

Sysdef: iMac14,1

Here is my chameleon.Boot.plist:
<key>DropSSDT</key> <string>Yes</string>
<key>EthernetBuiltIn</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>GUI</key>
<string>No</string>
<key>Graphics Mode</key>
<string>1920x1080x32</string>
<key>IGPEnabler</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>Kernel</key>