Contribute
Register

Black Screen After 10.10.3 update

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey guys,
had the same problem with my build (gtx770 2gb, i7 IvyBridge, ga-z77-UD5h)

I installed 10.10 and updated directly to 10.10.3, still no luck.
Then i tired MacPro 3,1 smbios,
UseKernelCache=No and IGPEnabler=No and IT WORKED!!!!

Now I have my Hack working again. Since 10.10.3 and the 7.2.3 MultiBeast Sound ist working OOB, even Ethernet!
I don’t need additional Drivers.
For Audio only ALC898.
Works Fine.

Attached some useful files.

Since I have a new Samsung SSD, Trim is Working OOB (according to System Profiler

Attachments

• Bildschirmfoto 2015-06-24 um 17.11.50.png
    Bildschirmfoto 2015-06-24 um 17.11.50.png
    63.8 KB · Views: 139
  • smbios.plist
    468 bytes · Views: 227
  • org.chameleon.Boot.plist
    889 bytes · Views: 181
hi guys! My English is bad, but I will try to help you.
You need to connect in your host and to make modification of the Info.plist file which is on the way

/System/Library/Extensions/AppleGraphicsControl.kext/Contents/PlugIns/AppleGraphicsDevicePolicy.kext/Contents/

In this file you look for Mac-F60DEB81FF30ACF6 = Config1 line and you replace it with Mac-F60DEB81FF30ACF6 = none

Save.

You do update cache, for example by Kext Utility.
Reboot

;)

Howdy, all. I had this issue again, after update to 10.10.4 with my profile system.

Solution was to re-install the AppleGraphicsControl.kext linked to in Post #54

I fixed mine too! finally!
I tried all the fixes here, but nothing worked. Not the kext, nothing.

Then i reinstalled, installed the web drivers and rebooted with nv_disable=1.
Booted fine as usual. I saw the Nvidia icon in the top right which i had not noticed before.

I opened the Nvidia Driver Manager from it, and chose the NVIDIA Web Driver (click the lock first). And then it booted without the nv_disable=1 and everything is working!

Such a simple fix for me.

View attachment 133369

Unpack zip and use the Kext utility for installation

Updated to 10.10.4 and had the monitor (P2715Q) go to power saving mode after boot, tried just about everything, even modifying the AppleGraphicsControl kext myself and nothing worked. Only booting with nv_disable=1 could access osX.
Then I installed the provided kext, from 10.10.3 I suppose and all is fine again.
I don't know how the old kext will affect my system but at least I have my OS back.

Hello,

sadly my screen also just goes black after i installed 10.10.4 and try to boot it.
when i installed 10.10.3 i had to use the kext which this thread is all about. i installed it now as well, a 2nd time.

now when i boot the apple loading screen comes up, the bar goes half the way, like it always did. When the loading apple screen disappears, usually my desktop comes up, but instead now it's just black. any help would be appreaciated!!!

Edit/Update: I now installed another kext recommended here, since i looked into it and it was a little bit different. but i'm back to first stage, boot up straight to black screen without the apple loading screen.

Hello,

sadly my screen also just goes black after i installed 10.10.4 and try to boot it.
when i installed 10.10.3 i had to use the kext which this thread is all about. i installed it now as well, a 2nd time.

now when i boot the apple loading screen comes up, the bar goes half the way, like it always did. When the loading apple screen disappears, usually my desktop comes up, but instead now it's just black. any help would be appreaciated!!!

Edit/Update: I now installed another kext recommended here, since i looked into it and it was a little bit different. but i'm back to first stage, boot up straight to black screen without the apple loading screen.

I am also using the latest NVIDIA driver but as far as I can remember this 760 also worked with official drivers so out of the box. Something you may want to try though mate.

Boot flags:

<key>Kernel Flags</key>
<string>kext-dev-mode=1 nvda_drv=1</string>

Using MacPro6,1 in smbios. Reverted back since 14,1 14,2 5,1 did not solve my issue either.

I am also using the latest NVIDIA driver but as far as I can remember this 760 also worked with official drivers so out of the box. Something you may want to try though mate.

Boot flags:

<key>Kernel Flags</key>
<string>kext-dev-mode=1 nvda_drv=1</string>

Using MacPro6,1 in smbios. Reverted back since 14,1 14,2 5,1 did not solve my issue either.

I found this thread linked below which helped me out. i followed the instruction, deleted a lot of lines from the info.plist file and it boots up fine as usual. Hope this helps somebody out.

I'll return when to this site back again when 10.10.5 or 10.11 comes out and my hackintosh won't boot , once again :D

http://www.tonymacx86.com/yosemite-...xtexcludelist-kext-black-screen-reboot-3.html

hi guys! My English is bad, but I will try to help you.
You need to connect in your host and to make modification of the Info.plist file which is on the way

/System/Library/Extensions/AppleGraphicsControl.kext/Contents/PlugIns/AppleGraphicsDevicePolicy.kext/Contents/

In this file you look for Mac-F60DEB81FF30ACF6 = Config1 line and you replace it with Mac-F60DEB81FF30ACF6 = none

Save.

You do update cache, for example by Kext Utility.
Reboot

;)

Thx, this helped for me, together with using the npci=0x2000 option during boot, so added it to my config.

Hello :crazy:

Yosemite 10.10.3 (r2679 CAMALEÓN)
GIGABYTE B85M - HD3 LGA 1150Intel Core i5 - 4590 LGA 1150GIGABYTE GEFORCE GTX 960 (NVIDIA)
4 GB RAM DDR3
Install driver for GeForce GTX 960 2GB and recognized
Restart PC and the keyboard does not work, reboot again and leave the black screen.
What's going on? any solution? thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back