Contribute
Register

Black Screen After 10.10.3 update

Status
Not open for further replies.
Could you please boot in verbose mode, if the booting stuck with messages on screen post a photo of the screen.

Do you have clover bootable USB on hand??

I have clover on usb too.
It doesn't stuck.

I have clover on usb too.
It doesn't stuck.

Have you tried to boot into OS X partition with the help of USB??

Which connection you are using for monitor?? Is it VGA?? Or using any converters??

Have you tried to boot into OS X partition with the help of USB??

Which connection you are using for monitor?? Is it VGA?? Or using any converters??

I tried boot from usb...same.
I tried vga-vga,dvi-dvi, and hdmi from gcard to dvi to monitor....same.
I tried an ati v300 graphic card...same.
(I tried some other clover preset systems like: iMac8,1 iMac12,1 MacBookPro....)

I think it is time to reinstall.
Thank you for your help!

edit: now I'll try to change the kext from another os on the same computer. Is it possible from windows?

I tried boot from usb...same.
I tried vga-vga,dvi-dvi, and hdmi from gcard to dvi to monitor....same.
I tried an ati v300 graphic card...same.
(I tried some other clover preset systems like: iMac8,1 iMac12,1 MacBookPro....)

I think it is time to reinstall.
Thank you for your help!

edit: now I'll try to change the kext from another os on the same computer. Is it possible from windows?

As you are clover user, copy the modified kext to /EFI/CLOVER/kexts/10.10/ folder and delete the original kext from /S/L/E.

As you are clover user, copy the modified kext to /EFI/CLOVER/kexts/10.10/ folder and delete the original kext from /S/L/E.

I could modify the kext. Results:
booting with the last args you written: same problem (mouse,cursor,missing bluetooth...)
booting with -v only: after the texts, screen goes black and does not detect input.

as every data is saved I feel it's time to reinstall.

Do you have a bootable USB on hand?? Then boot into the installer and change the timeout value through terminal.

Thanks for the idea Jithin but unfortunately i haven't a bootable USB. I'm sure there is a key combination that shows me chimera but i can't remember of it... :problem:

I could modify the kext. Results:
booting with the last args you written: same problem (mouse,cursor,missing bluetooth...)
booting with -v only: after the texts, screen goes black and does not detect input.

as every data is saved I feel it's time to reinstall.

Try booting with "dart=0 PCIRootUID=1 nv_disable=1 -x -f -v". Post the result.

Thanks for the idea Jithin but unfortunately i haven't a bootable USB. I'm sure there is a key combination that shows me chimera but i can't remember of it... :problem:

Have you tried to press any key continuously from the BIOS screen.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back