Contribute
Register

Black Screen After 10.10.3 update

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can somebody remind me how to enter boot flags when chimera's boot screen is disabled, please?

I saw the kext, but I don't know what to do with it and what commands I should you is bash.
I cannot reach the graphic interface. When I boot simply as I did before, it gets to: on one monitor: sometimes the mouse appears, on the other there is the blinking cursor, and when I write something there, it gets deleted after a while.
At some of my boots, it also wrote for some sec: **** [IOBluetoothHCIController][SearchForTransportEventTimeOutHandler] -- Missing Bluetooth Controller Transport!

I've already tried to boot with the boot args written here before.

Connect monitor to DVI/HDMI port without using any converters.

Then try to boot with "nv_disable=1 -x -f -v"

Connect monitor to DVI/HDMI port without using any converters.

Then try to boot with "nv_disable=1 -x -f -v"

Doesn't work, same issue.
Normally I booted with these args: -v npci=0x2000 kext-dev-mode=1
Now if I try without args, after apple logo, a loading circle appears and disappears continuously.

Doesn't work, same issue.
Normally I booted with these args: -v npci=0x2000 kext-dev-mode=1
Now if I try without args, after apple logo, a loading circle appears and disappears continuously.

Add your flag too for booting "dart=0 npci=0x2000 kext-dev-mode=1 nv_disable=1 -x -f -v"

What you mean by Chimera boot screen disabled??

I have set "timeout" to 0 and i don't see the chimera screen. I remember there was a key combination to import flags.

I have set "timeout" to 0 and i don't see the chimera screen. I remember there was a key combination to import flags.

Do you have a bootable USB on hand?? Then boot into the installer and change the timeout value through terminal.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back