Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
SAMSUNG NP550P5C-T01AE
CPU
i7-3630QM
Graphics
HD 4000 / GT 630M
hi,
finally i was able to install el capitan on my laptop however upon rebooting ang loading the installed os x my screen always turns black even before the setup screen loads. it turns black screen first around 90%, the on second try it turned black on 50%(twice happened).

also before i was able to install same thing happened during loading the installer. at a point that i was clicking the mouse nosntop to the point where it turns black screen but it was able to load the installer. it seems like the laptop is going sleep mode during loading process. pls help! i have been trying to install morr than 2months at this time almost 99% complete and this happens. lol! thanks!
IMG_4880.PNG IMG_4881.PNG IMG_4883.PNG IMG_4885.PNG

no luck, still same.. black screen during 55% boot loading screen apple logo. i hope any one has a solution. thanks

do i need to modify any of these?
image.jpg

Last edited:
no luck, still same.. black screen during 55% boot loading screen apple logo. i hope any one has a solution. thanks

do i need to modify any of these?
View attachment 214961

Post an image of the verbose output or else nobody can identify the problem.
With Clover, by pressing the space bar can get you different mode/options to boot, just as you've done. Selecting verbose(-v) gives you output while booting instead of just an logo and a progress bar.

hi,
finally i was able to install el capitan on my laptop however upon rebooting ang loading the installed os x my screen always turns black even before the setup screen loads. it turns black screen first around 90%, the on second try it turned black on 50%(twice happened).

also before i was able to install same thing happened during loading the installer. at a point that i was clicking the mouse nosntop to the point where it turns black screen but it was able to load the installer. it seems like the laptop is going sleep mode during loading process. pls help! i have been trying to install morr than 2months at this time almost 99% complete and this happens. lol! thanks!
View attachment 214942 View attachment 214944 View attachment 214945 View attachment 214946

Follow the Clover guide linked from the FAQ.

http://www.tonymacx86.com/el-capita...faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.html

Post an image of the verbose output or else nobody can identify the problem.
With Clover, by pressing the space bar can get you different mode/options to boot, just as you've done. Selecting verbose(-v) gives you output while booting instead of just an logo and a progress bar.

i tried to reinstall the el capitan,
and upon loading the installer on verbose mode, the process git stuck on this part before it went black screen. i hope someone knows this error. thanks.
IMG_4915.JPG

i tried to reinstall the el capitan,
and upon loading the installer on verbose mode, the process git stuck on this part before it went black screen. i hope someone knows this error. thanks.
View attachment 215493

I have no idea, but I've encountered the same stuck issue last month. Same error as yours.
And guess what? It's actually not stuck. Mine continued to boot five minutes after that error message. (Service exited with abnormal code)

finally i was able to boot on the installed el capital os x (from 50% boot black screen). what i did is i added some boot args from the default boot arguments of clover.
i added, cpus=1 UseKernelCache=No npci=0x3000 (after an intense googling and guessing).
i was unsure of what i was doing because i really have no idea in programming i only know how to power up a pc and configure a router, but i hope this will help others with the same problem and i hope for the same result.
now i have to know what to do with the post installation process to make everything work.
gotta find now post install guide.

Thank you so much. and i am hoping that i can boot it again next time i turn my laptop on. lol!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back