E8500
Graphics
RX 560
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hi everybody,

after replacing my old nvidia geforce 8600 GT 512MB with an AMD (sapphire pulse) radeon rx560 4GB I decided to make a fresh High Sierra Install. Everything seems to work fine during the installation process until the system reboots and then it boots (from the unibeast made USB drive) only in safe mode (-x) with ATI Inject and Radeon De Init. Once the system has booted, (of course without graphic acceleration) I cannot use multibeast (probably because of the safe mode) as it stops with an error message supposedly just after it has installed clover.

I would really appreciate any suggestion in order to make my system work. Thank you in advance.

PS: Sorry: this post is a duplicate of another one in mojave desktop support that I cannot delete.

Update:
I could finally run multibeast by using my old nvidia GPU. Then I replaced it with the AMD Radeon RX 560 and the only way to boot without screen problems is to boot through a USB drive with the following boot Args:
-v
-x
dart=0
nv_disabler=1
InjectATI
DeInit.

In any other case, although there is no kernel panic, I get a black screen with HDMI and a fuchsia one with DVI.
Both Clover and macOSX System profiler recognise my GPU as an AMD Radeon Pro 555 where as it should be an RX 560 as written on a stick on the card. Here is the complete description by the system profiler:

Vendor: AMD (0x1002)
ID device: 0x67ef
ID revision: 0x00e5
EFI driver Version: 01.00.3180.

Please help me! Thanks.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.