Aza

Motherboard
NUC8i7BEH
CPU
Corei7
Graphics
Onboard
Total beginner here. My specs:

Gigabyte H87n-wifi, i7-4770, Samsung EVO SSD.

So I followed the guide to make a bootable USB with High Sierra. I plugged it in and booted from it. No problems. Got through to the screen where you set up the Mac (like you do when you first boot a genuine mac). It gave me an error that said "The installer resources have expired". I looked up a post that said to use terminal to sync the time.

Next time I went to boot from the USB it loaded a few lines of text saying apfs_efi_osx - 740.77.8 and a few other things ( I cant remember if this happens everytime) and then I get a weird windows logo that is like a black circle with the windows logo inside it. After that I get a black underscore that flashes and it goes nowhere.

I cannot remember if I changed any other bios settings but I've since gone back to load optimised defaults and I still can't get in. I don't think it is the USB stick because it obviously worked before.

Could that terminal command have screwed something up? If so how do I fix it? It's driving me insane. Any help would be appreciated.