Contribute
Register

Bizonbox 2s TB2 Sierra 10.12.6 critical.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi guys,
I’m new here so hi I hope you are all well
1f642.svg

Please forgive me if this post is in the wrong section or my typing is bad, I am on my old iPhone because my MacBook is currently not working properly due to what I am about to explain.
Please bare with me and I will try my best to give you all the information I can so that at least someone could please help me as I’m in a terrible situation right now regards my set up and it’s recent failure.
I am current using OS X 12.6 Sierra and I have a MacBook Pro retina mid 2014 with thunderbolt 2 (I think) and a Nvidia 750m and Intel iris inside.
Over a year and a half ago I bought a bizonbox 2s with a 980ti inside and I got it imported to the uk from the states, from bizontech themselves. It cost a fortune and after reading up on the negative and positive of bizonbox’s i do realise I spent a lot more than I should have but I was new to this and went for simplicity at the time. That been said the guys at bizon have always been supportive and email any suggestions and fixes when a problem has arose. I’m fine with all that.
I use my egpu to render using octane and redshift. I’m not tech guy I’m a designer so hardware and terminal scripts fly over my head. I have had no major issues regarding my setup and I’ve been very pleased until now.
I hope someone could help me, I would really appreciate it. My OS X security updates are up to date and so too are my nvidia web drivers however in order for me to explain my problem in detail I will tell you how I set up egpu and what problem I have right now. Thank you for getting this far. A long way to go still, I appreciate your attention.
To install my bizonbox I connect it to my MacBook trough the thunderbolt port from the back of the bizonbox to my port on the MacBook. I connect my external monitor to the back of the bizonbox too. It’s a contiq 21 ux, this is my main monitor. I install a preference pane from bizon that is in the setup instructions pdf. I have to then go into recovery mode on my MacBook and in terminal ‘ csrutil disable ‘. I then boot back up. Now there is a 2 step process in the bizon preference pane I hit step one and then I reboot and then step 2 downloads and installs the nvidia webdriver. I reboot and my second monitor is read, already set as primary monitor. Energy saver is off so my laptop doesn’t sleep, graphic switching is off and mirroring is off. All works well and I have had no real issues.
So my problem —
Yesterday i I was watching a video and my screen started to flicker and went blank (black but everything was still running). I rebooted and when my MacBook gets to the loading screen the bar gets half way and then the screen flickers, the beachball spins Erratically and then the screen goes blank. This has destroyed my ability to work so I’m desperate for help. I have hardly slept and after today I don’t have a day off for a whole week so I’m reaching out. I’ve been back and forth with bizontech via email and been online and can’t find an answer. I come across the community here felt it was worth a try.
If if I unplug my egpu the flickering is now on my MacBook Pro on startup. I have to go into recovery mode, reinstall a fresh copy of Sierra over my current one and I can only then get back into my MacBook , logging in fine etc. I plug my external monitor directly into my MacBook and both screens work fine, no flickering etc but I have no egpu.
i have tried to uninstall the bizonbox pref pane, uninstall the nvidia web driver and start again but as soon as I go through the installation steps and the nvidia web driver is installed (I believe always with the latest update) and reboot, the screen just before the loggin box appears, the flickering starts and then blank, back to square one. I have installed a new copy of Sierra just in case there was a conflict with my time machine back up but as soon as I install the webdriver through the bizonbox pref pane the issue arises again. Each time I have to boot up in recover mode, reinstall Sierra and wait quite a while to be up and running again. It’s driving me crazy, I’m so tired and stressed out because I need to use my egpu. The guys at bizon have tried giving me various instructions, even some terminal files to run the instillation that are not through the preference pane but as soon as the nvidia driver update is installed, I reboot and I’m back again with the same issue.
I did have my macbook working, reading the egpu in my ‘about this Mac - system info section’. It said that the aikito node was connected. In the bizonbox pref pane it said it was connected but my external monitor was not registering with it. The nvidia web driver was installed and no issue other than my external display wasn’t registering the egpu therefore it wasn’t active. So I went to step 2 of the bizon box instillation. And it said downloading/ installing and once done I had to reboot as this installs the nvidia web driver. When I rebooted the problem was there again on startup.
So so everything works fine without my egpu connected but as soon as install the web driver it creates the problem on reboot.
Could anyone/someone please advice me on what I can do to get my egpu working again. I’m confused lost and tired but I have to fix this today . I appreciate any help in advance.
Thank you
greggerz

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back