CPU
i5-2500K
Graphics
650 ti
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
  2. Other
[Solved] Bizarre mouseover problem

I have noticed this happens sometimes on two different graphics cards and two different versions of OS X.

It seems that sometimes when I do an install, I lose the ability to mouseover things and have other items pop up. This is so hard to explain but I will try to do the best I can! I'll start off with showing you a picture.

Desktop.png

I have my mouse over the options thing, but it won't do the thing where it automatically opens up the menu like it normally does. This is on a fresh install (+multi beast) on my system as mentioned in my sidebar and my sig.

Basically, it's a random thing that seems to happen on different distros made by different means, it has no rhyme or reason to it. It happened on the version of OS X that shall not be mentioned and on my current 10.7.2. I messed something up when I was trying to restore back to my 10.7.4, so I had to start over from scratch basically. Has nothing to do with it though.

Also, when I mouse over links, like here:

tonymacx86-Forum---Post-a-new-topic.png

it won't bring up the hand thingee that you normally get. Basically, anything that has to do with a mouseover isn't working. That can be annoying since when I do that to the icons in the dock, I can't select certain items and have to do it with my keyboard.

I'm a little out of it today but I hope that you understand what my problem is well enough to maybe have an idea of what's going on. I know that I can't be the only person who has ever had this issue!

Edit: Thank you, issue solved! This may be closed now!

curious but any idea what framebuffer you're using? you can type 'ioreg | grep -i aty' in terminal and just paste it here. how does your card work with OpenGL games or with Unigine Heaven?

SG- said:
curious but any idea what framebuffer you're using? you can type 'ioreg | grep -i aty' in terminal and just paste it here. how does your card work with OpenGL games or with Unigine Heaven?

I'll have to put it back onto my secondary hard drive and see how it goes. I got frustrated and put Winblows back on my ssd for now. I can do that for you later tonight for sure to see what we get.

I was just flummoxed since it was doing that on two different gpus, so even though it seemed like a gpu problem to me, I just wasn't sure since it was suddenly happening on both the Nvidia card and the Radeon card. Anything is worth a shot though, I really miss running OS X!

I don't know anything about the framebuffers, so I will have to use that command for you. I know that with the Nvidia card, I would use the Tonymac drivers and the CUDA drivers and it would be perfect. As for the Radeon, it worked OOB. I don't believe that I ever had acceleration on either of them though, since when I added a widget to dashboard, it wouldn't make the ripple. I didn't get around to figuring that out since it wasn't affecting what I was doing at the time. However, even back when it didn't have accel, the mouseover worked normally at some point, until I just did a reinstall and it stopped.

I'll work on that tonight though. I really appreciate your help. I tend to get some really obscure problems when it comes to OSX86! <3

Edit: I'll also grab Unigine Heaven and see what it says. I may have to go fix a friends Winblows tonight, so if I do, it will be a little later tonight before I can mess with mine. However, if it's too late to fix his, I will start on mine soon.

I finally figured out what it was! Believe it or not, it was actually the mouse I was using!

I have been using a Cyborg R.A.T for a good while now, and when I switched to the new mouse that I had (and returned recently since it doesn't have mac drivers) it didn't do it. That's why it suddenly worked the last time I tried it. I started digging around about my R.A.T and saw that they updated the driver again, which was odd since it was working before when I was using it, but I guess something else got broken on it and that's why the driver stopped working the correct way!

I got the new driver and all started working well! I just knew that it wasn't a gpu problem, but I couldn't figure it out for the life of me until I tried to go back to my old mouse and it suddenly stopped working for the mouseover thing again. I guess that's the thing about Hackintosh, especially when you get weird little special gaming mice and such, you never know how something is going to react.

Thanks for trying to help me though, it always does seem that I get the strangest little problems, probably due to how fancy I try to get with everything! <3

hello, I have the same problem with RAT 3. tried installing latest software and it did not fix the issue. if i unplug and plug it back then works fine. just wondering what drivers did you use to fix the issue.
thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back