Not open for further replies.
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Hey all.

I recently put together a build (listed below), and everything works great except for an annoying problem. When I play audio inside my Chrome browser (especially in youtube videos, but it's everywhere), the sound gets crackly after a little over two minutes of playing. It starts out fine, then after two minutes it suddenly goes crazy, and gets continually worse.

If I refresh the page, it returns to normal (for two minutes). If I unplug the headphone cord and plug it back in, it returns to normal (for two minutes).

Here's what's weirder: Safari and iTunes don't have this problem. And you'd think maybe it's a browser issue, except for when I unplug the cord and plug it back in, it fixes the issue for two minutes.

I tried a handful of things that I found on forums, but none of them have worked because I haven't found anyone with this particular issue.

My Build:
Asus P8Z77-V LE Plus
Intel i7-3770K CPU
Corsair 16GB Vengeance RAM
Zotac nVidia GeForce 670 4GB

I tried a handful of things that I found on forums, but none of them have worked because I haven't found anyone with this particular issue.

Type Chrome Audio into the search box on this page.

I have the same problem as you. It also happens in Logic Pro X (but nothing similar in ableton live 9). The problem can be solved by switching from 44100 to 96000 in Audio MIDI Setup, but it also works only for a few minutes. Have anyone find a solution?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back