Contribute
Register

BitterMelon's "Chip" build: GA-Z77N-WIFI - i5-3570K - HD 6870

Status
Not open for further replies.
DMRider_10,
Very cool case!!!
Could you put in the links as to where you got the case, picopsu and cpu cooler?
What size picopsu did you use???

Cheers, roadtrips

Hi there sorry for the late reply!

I fell in love with the case tbh so just had to squeeze the i5 in there! I definitely got the case and PSU from Overclockers and the cooler was either OC aswell or ebuyer. I love mine!

Airplay Video will work, when you choose MacMini 6.1 as System Definition
(Don´t know, if posted before, didn´t read all)

Anybody has any comments on 10.8.4 update?

edit
Not an issue with upgrade. After reboot had to only redo the audio with MB & re-enable trim

I'm having an issue. I did the upgrade, ran MB, and now it won't boot, just shows the normal boot dialog, defaults to the normal drive, and hangs with a blank screen. If I boot it from a unibeast stick, I can pick the normal drive and it boots fine, but I have to go into unibeast each time.

What's the fix?

Okay, figured out I had to reinstall chimera. Weird. I guess it got corrupted some way.

I just want to ask if the spdif works fine in your build?

Thanks
Christian

Well the AR9287+AR3011 combo card arrived today (ar9002wb-2ng), and unsurprisingly the bluetooth doesn't work, I can't even get it to work properly in windows, I get a 0x80004005 error when I try to connect to a device.

So the wifi side of it works (with a kext) but osx doesn't even recognise I have a bluetooth device.

(any reason why airplay video still says does not work on page 1?)

Bluetooth now works perfectly and is a permanent fix using the firmware from this link... https://github.com/RehabMan/OS-X-Atheros-3k-Firmware

Wifi works using IO80211Family.kext & IO80211Family9287.kext from this link http://www.osx86.net/downloads.php?do=file&id=2588&page=2

(Wifi kext works up to 10.8.3....10.8.4 broke it)

Sorry to be lazy but with out reading all the comments, have you got the front usb 3 ports to work? (I watched a video about the board where the couldnt get the front ones to work) and what wifi card did you replace it with?

Thank you in advance..

Literally just finished re-reading the whole thread (Im away with work ok, Im bored!) and still not too sure if anyone has managed to have:

1) The latest update 10.8.4 AND

2) A single card solution for wifi AND Bluetooth?

Anyone?

I believe that it is possible to get wifi and bluetooth to work using just a Atheros AR5B195 half mini PCI-e card, like this.

However, I have had some difficulties getting mine to work so far. My difficulties are as follows:
  • My bluetooth works quite well at first, but my magic mouse often loses connection. I restart the mouse, it disconnects, and then about twenty seconds later it connects again. Oddly, this doesn't affect my wireless keyboard!
  • I can get my Hackintosh to recognize the wireless card, and it shows me the correct list of nearby networks. However, I cannot connect to any of them. When I try connect, I get "connection failed" or "a connection timeout occurred."

I am using this IOath3kfrmwr.kext from RehabMan and some other wifi kext—I can't recall precisely which one, downloaded from OSX86.net

I would like to try this one as FungusFeet recommends below, but annoyingly OSX86.net tells me that I've exceeded my permitted number of downloads. Apparently, this is meant to be 15 downloads per day, but I have certainly not downloaded anything like that number of files. If someone would kindly post a different link to that kext, I'd appreciate it!

This might be a little bit OCD of me, but every time I boot, the USB mouse and keyboard I use take a while to become connected.
Is this a common issue with this motherboard?

Thanks

I haven't experienced this issue at all. Try some other keyboards and mice and see if the delay persists. Hard to say what could be wrong other than the motherboard.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back