Contribute
Register

BitterMelon's "Chip" build: GA-Z77N-WIFI - i5-3570K - HD 6870

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's work I have test today dual screen with 1 dvi + 1 hdmi and after 2 hdmi, all works in 1920*1080.

Well I just installed the combo update, re applied multi beast settings before restarting and now im in a whole world of pain :(

After the screen with the multi beast logo and the blue loading bar thingy, the screen goes black and the machine reboots, over and over :(

Now I see the painful side of hackintoshs, Im totally lost as to what to do now grrrrr

Woo hoo! Upgraded my GTX 650 to a GTX 680, which is properly identified and smoking fast!:thumbup:

Has anyone gotten iTunes HD content to play with this motherboard? My gtx 660ti shows just a black screen and never starts playing, the hd4000 video is all scrambled with an LSD colors scheme.

any ideas?

thanks!

I get the same black screen with iTune's store videos, too. We know it's a problem, but can find out where the problem originates at to solve it. Still working on it. BTW, my Zorro build displays iTune's store videos fine.

Hi all,

I finally got my rig up and running. I read a lot of threads here before i notice this one today. Thanks to Toledo i got my HDMI sound working. This is my 1st hackintosh and man what a pain to get this thing working.

Well I have pretty much the same components as everyone here i believe with the exception of a GPU.

ACER H340 Case - resurrected from a dying WHS1 server case (smallest mITX case with 4 hot swap back plane)
GA-Z77N-WIFI mbi
i5 3570K CPU w/stock cooler
2 X 4GB GSKILL memory
128GB vortex 3 ssd boot drive
64GB adata ssd for time machine

I want to swap out the stock cooler with a liquid but i can not find something that have a very very low profile radiator. ANY SUGGESTION?

Now lets get into my problems.
Bluetooth work out of box with ML 10.8.3 but it lags very bad - will it work better with the antennas?
BT will not work after wake up with my logitech keyboard and microsoft mouse. which means it cant wake my machine up without poweroff
Onboard HDMI works on both port but DVI will not work.
HDMI sound is crappy and not very sharp
Lan port works fine out of box
USB 3 will not work with usb flash drives - like everyone here i guess
i notice i have the same issue like others with the video - sometimes the screen is all fuzzy like the wrong res is set. I have to put the machine to sleep and wake it up to get it working again.
Mouse sometimes scroll the wrong direction that i need to change in mouse setting to get it working correctly again.

That is all i have folks hope it help others or not

I can't get past the multibeast stage successfully.
Bios at F2, 2 sticks of CORSAIR XMS 4GB 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1333; i5 3570K. OSX 10.8.3 retail purchased from the app store, HD4000 graphics. Created the unibeast installer usb stick with no problem. Installed 10.8.3 and rebooted with unibeast as boot drive and applied the usual (and a variety of other in subsequent attempts) settings and rebooted only to end up with a garbled screen when booting to my installation. It looks like the screen is repeating and squshed together. I tried editing the org.chameleon.Boot.plist to include Buckeye's suggestion and adjusted the Graphics Mode to my monitors resolution, tried booting in safe mode, tried installations requiring a password and also not requiring a password. I went back and tried a boot from the unibeast usb stick as boot drive, but encountered the same garbled screen. So many of the posts here talk about how hd4000 graphics work right out of the box, but that doesn't seem to be the way for me. The monitor I'm using is ann old dell so I'm using a dvi to vga adapter. I tried a newer samsung 21" led with a hdcp compliant dvi connection and still no luck. I'm open to ideas at this point as I've run out of them.

It sounds like you've done this already but on the chance that something I've done might help, here's what I did to solve my HD4000 garbled graphics problem.

I interrupted the boot (press the space bar to stop the boot and then, even though there is no prompt, just start typing to be able to specify boot options).

At the boot prompt, I typed this;

"Graphics Mode"="1920x1080x32" GraphicsEnabled=Yes

and then hit return (I think you can also give a -v on the boot line to get "verbose" boot output that might help). This allowed me to boot with a good screen. Obviously, the resolution you use needs to match your monitor. I then edited the plist in /Extra to include these lines;

<key>Graphics Mode</key>
<string>1920x1080x32</string>

You said you did edit your plist file - how did you do that if you had a garbled screen? Are you able to get a good screen in some instances? Can you double check the screen resolution settings in those cases and use that for your boot/plist values?

Maybe none of this will help you but I figured I'd offer it anyway.

Good luck.

You said you did edit your plist file - how did you do that if you had a garbled screen? Good luck.

I edited the plist file by booting to a mac mini and attaching the hard drive via usb and editing the file.

Thanks for the suggestion. I didn't realize I could just change the greaphics directly at the boot options. I've tried the so called optimal resolution for my monitor, but will try a few others to see if I can find one that works.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back