Contribute
Register

BitterMelon's "Chip" build: GA-Z77N-WIFI - i5-3570K - HD 6870

Status
Not open for further replies.
Has anybody upgraded this build to Catalina? I'm currently running High Sierra 10.13.4 on it. Thanks.
Yes.... but waiting for new MultiBeast to get HDMI audio....just followed the generic fresh install instructions.
I haven't upgraded my H97N yet because we're moving(Thailand) and it's already packed. Our move keeps getting delayed.... I also have an iMac and a Mini so no shortage of toys while in limbo.

Running the latest version of Catalina 10.15.4 (19E287) very, very happily right now.

Basically everything is working great on Catalina, just as before, including:
- WiFi (using half-mini PCIe card and modified Atheros kexts)
- Bluetooth (external USB)
- iMessage
- Facetime
- Sleep/Wake

Been able to get this to work basically flawlessly using my Geforce GT 640 but I'm now planning on switching back to the standard onboard Intel HD 4000 graphics since I need that PCIe slot for some extra I/O (firewire, in my case).

Having a little trouble getting my Dell U2711 monitor to display its native 2560x1440 resolution over HDMI with the HD4000. I recall this being an issue before, but I would appreciate any hints the community can offer.

Having a little trouble getting my Dell U2711 monitor to display its native 2560x1440 resolution over HDMI with the HD4000. I recall this being an issue before, but I would appreciate any hints the community can offer.

HDMI does not support that resolution.

Technically the above statement is true. However, there are hacks ands mod that might work in Windows to get that resolution at lower refresh rates.

Running the latest version of Catalina 10.15.4 (19E287) very, very happily right now.

Basically everything is working great on Catalina, just as before, including:
- WiFi (using half-mini PCIe card and modified Atheros kexts)
- Bluetooth (external USB)
- iMessage
- Facetime
- Sleep/Wake

Been able to get this to work basically flawlessly using my Geforce GT 640 but I'm now planning on switching back to the standard onboard Intel HD 4000 graphics since I need that PCIe slot for some extra I/O (firewire, in my case).

can you explain your Catalina install steps?did you upgrade or you did a fresh install?

I upgraded. Pretty much followed the Catalina guide here on tonymacx86 exactly, starting with preparing the Clover USB installer.

Afterwards, most things worked as easily as before. But some of the usual things were not working perfectly. So I used Clover Configurator to modify my .plist file. Then I added the kext files I needed to my EFI/Other folder.

Has anybody tried to upgrade to Big Sur? I guess this system is finally reaching the end of the road. Can't believe it's this old.

Does anybody have this running using OpenCore?
mchammer26 has pointed out the same. But you can find his config.plist

Such system should have been WEEEd years ago...

sebus

Such system should have been WEEEd years ago...

sebus
Why would you say that? That good old system is still super stable. But a proper opencore configuration is still to be found here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back