Contribute
Register

BitterMelon's "Chip" build: GA-Z77N-WIFI - i5-3570K - HD 6870

Status
Not open for further replies.
for IGPU only configuration -> use SMBIOS = Macmini6,x
for GPU or GPU+IGPU configuration -> use SMBIOS = iMac13,x, or iMac14,x

I also don't use APFS, the driver ApfsDriverLoader-64.efi is optional, just in case that I plug-in a APFS formatted drive, the Clover can access the drive

Hi itwas,
I'm so sorry - but I hope I may bother you once more. Unfortunately I had to realize new problems. Wifi is gone and both ethernet ports work but are limited to 10 mb/sec. Do you have a remedy for that? TIA!

Hi itwas,
I'm so sorry - but I hope I may bother you once more. Unfortunately I had to realize new problems. Wifi is gone and both ethernet ports work but are limited to 10 mb/sec. Do you have a remedy for that? TIA!

What WiFi hardware? Z77N-WIFI comes with Intel chipset WiFi card. macOS does not support Intel WiFi chipset, and Ethernet ports are limited to 10 Mb/sec. Do you mean connection speed? Maybe you can check the network cable/switch first.

What WiFi hardware? Z77N-WIFI comes with Intel chipset WiFi card. macOS does not support Intel WiFi chipset, and Ethernet ports are limited to 10 Mb/sec. Do you mean connection speed? Maybe you can check the network cable/switch first.

I didn't swap the WiFi/BT card. I used to have a USB Belkin adapter for BT and WiFi worked out of the box. Now it's back on and working nicely but I haven't changed anything. So WiFi might be called unreliable at best.
But the Ethernet cables are fine. A switch reset plus testing the connections. Is it possible that only one port delivers 1000 Mb (currently both sport 10/11 Mb/sec tops)? I also noticed that restarting is not a wise choice to make. Restarting results in a blurred login screen which triples the image horizontally. A proper shutdown and a cold boot cures that problem.
And again: thank you so much for your dedication!!!

I didn't swap the WiFi/BT card. I used to have a USB Belkin adapter for BT and WiFi worked out of the box. Now it's back on and working nicely but I haven't changed anything. So WiFi might be called unreliable at best.
But the Ethernet cables are fine. A switch reset plus testing the connections. Is it possible that only one port delivers 1000 Mb (currently both sport 10/11 Mb/sec tops)? I also noticed that restarting is not a wise choice to make. Restarting results in a blurred login screen which triples the image horizontally. A proper shutdown and a cold boot cures that problem.
And again: thank you so much for your dedication!!!

The stock Intel WiFi/BT card should be removed, macOS do not support it, remove it from your system.
since you didn't provide any hardware configuration, bootlog, config files so far. therefore, it is difficult to answer your questions.

Has anyone updated this build (or one like it) to Mojave? I have one running High Sierra on SMBIOS 12,2 and was wondering whether I should upgrade to Mojave.

Has anyone updated this build (or one like it) to Mojave? I have one running High Sierra on SMBIOS 12,2 and was wondering whether I should upgrade to Mojave.

Mojave is compatible with iMac13,x, or Macmini6,x
graphics card requirements : at least Radeon HD 7000 series or higher, or Nvidia Kepler, or at least Intel HD4000 or higher

Mojave is compatible with iMac13,x, or Macmini6,x
graphics card requirements : at least Radeon HD 7000 series or higher, or Nvidia Kepler, or at least Intel HD4000 or higher

OK, so it seems High Sierra is the highest this machine can go. Thanks for the info.

OK, so it seems High Sierra is the highest this machine can go. Thanks for the info.
Your system can enjoy Mojave. Just use MultiBeast v10.4.0 to update your Clover and to use the iMac14,2 System Definition. Then, see if your /Library/Extensions/ kexts, which MultiBeast installed, need updating. You can find the kexts in the Downloads > kexts secton. :thumbup:

Your system can enjoy Mojave. Just use MultiBeast v10.4.0 to update your Clover and to use the iMac14,2 System Definition. Then, see if your /Library/Extensions/ kexts, which MultiBeast installed, need updating. You can find the kexts in the Downloads > kexts secton. :thumbup:

Thanks Stork! Always a life saver. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back