Contribute
Register

BitterMelon's "Chip" build: GA-Z77N-WIFI - i5-3570K - HD 6870

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks @Yomiro and @itwas for the step-by-step instructions. I'll try again, and report back.

I was able to update to High Sierra thanks to your tips, and the fact that I figured out that I had misunderstood how Clover updates were supposed to work.

In any case, everything works, but a graphics-intensive game I like to play now runs super slow. On Yosemite and Sierra, I was getting about 60 frames per second (fps). Now, it barely reaches 24 fps. I have no GPU, just the HD4000 in the CPU.

Thanks @Yomiro and @itwas for the step-by-step instructions. I'll try again, and report back.

Clover
Install the Clover

Audio
Install Luli/AppleALC, I found it works better than audio_CloverALC (popping noise)

Graphics
(GT640 + HD4000) hardware setup (in order to enable hardware acceleration VDA)
connect the display input to the GT640

BIOS setup:
Init Display First: PEG
Internal Graphics: Enabled
Internal Graphics Memory Size : 64MB
DVMT Total Memory Size : "MAX"

Clover config.plst
SMBIOS : iMac13,2
ACPI patching (use Clover Configruator) : change ECH1 to EH01, change ECH2 to EH02, change GFX0 to IGPU
Graphics : ig-platform-id = 0x01620007, InjectIntel = "YES"

run the VDADecoderChecker
result
Code:
GVA info: Successfully connected to the Intel plugin, offline Gen7 Hardware acceleration is fully supported

Hi all - I`m really looking for a helping hand. My setup is an ordinary Z77N - no dedicated graphics card. My final step is getting HD4000 to work on 10.13.6.
Audio works nicely and without the aforementioned popping noises. Thanks for that tip!
I tried all available ig-platform-ids (even more than the 3 recommended by clover drop-down menu). I also followed rehabman's tip in another thread where he hints at digital connectors. No success. Lilu and fixup have been inserted manually in the EFI (other) section. And I installed it additionally via MultiBeast as other threads recommended doing that without doing anything else. This would get the job done... not for me.
Thank you so much for your help!

Last edited:
Hi all - I`m really looking for a helping hand. My setup is an ordinary Z77N - no dedicated graphics card. My final step is getting HD4000 to work on 10.13.6.
Audio works nicely and without the aforementioned popping noises. Thanks for that tip!
I tried all available ig-platform-ids (even more than the 3 recommended by clover drop-down menu). I also followed rehabman's tip in another thread where he hints at digital connectors. No success. Lilu and fixup have been inserted manually in the EFI (other) section. And I installed it additionally via multibeast as other threads recommended doing that without doing anything else. This would get the job done... not for me.
Thank you so much for your help!

If you do not have the dedicated graphics card, you can use the "ig-platform-id" 0x01620005 for HD4000
you don't need IntelGraphicsFixup plugin

If you do not have the dedicated graphics card, you can use the "ig-platform-id" 0x01620005 for HD4000

Thank you so much for your quick reply. As I am currently reinstalling everything from scratch to have a blank slate, I`m also curious about your "install Clover" entry. How precisely did you install it and which version in particular? Beforehand I was working my way through with a copy of the UniBeast installer (a simple copy of the EFI folder) and not using MultiBeast.

fully reinstalled everything. Tried your tip....and failed. I don't know where to look for the errors... Thank you so much for your efforts!

Thank you so much for your quick reply. As I am currently reinstalling everything from scratch to have a blank slate, I`m also curious about your "install Clover" entry. How precisely did you install it and which version in particular? Beforehand I was working my way through with a copy of the UniBeast installer (a simple copy of the EFI folder) and not using MultiBeast.

I do not use UniBeast installer, you can created the bootlable USB drive by running the createinstallmedia command

How to create a bootable installer for macOS
https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT201372

for High Sierra:
Code:
sudo /Applications/Install\ macOS\ High\ Sierra.app/Contents/Resources/createinstallmedia --volume /Volumes/MyVolume --applicationpath /Applications/Install\ macOS\ High\ Sierra.app

clover version did I used :

r4220, r4233, r4243, r4268, r4297, r4318, r4334, r4368, r4369, r4392, r4411, r4427, r4428, r4439, r4509*, r4522, r4523', r4532', r4533, r4586*
you may use clover r4586, I haven't try the lastest one (r4617) yet

Install the Clover EFI bootloader on your USB drive

run the clover installer
select custom install : DriverUFEI options : select AptioMemoryFix-64 or OsxAptioFix3Drv (not available in r4586)
* install either AptioMemoryFix-64 or OsxAptioFix3Drv, not both of them

e.g. files in the EFI\CLOVER\kexts\drivers64UEFI folder
Code:
ApfsDriverLoader-64.efi
AppleImageCodec-64.efi
AppleKeyAggregator-64.efi
AppleUITheme-64.efi
AptioInputFix-64.efi
AptioMemoryFix-64.efi
DataHubDxe-64.efi
FirmwareVolume-64.efi
FSInject-64.efi
SMCHelper-64.efi
VBoxHfs-64.efi

files in the EFI\CLOVER\kexts\Other folder
Code:
EFI\CLOVER\kexts\Other\FakeSMC.kext (v.1723)
EFI\CLOVER\kexts\Other\Lilu.kext (v.1.2.4)
EFI\CLOVER\kexts\Other\RealtekRTL8111.kext (v.2.2.1)
EFI\CLOVER\kexts\Other\AppleALC.kext (v.1.2.8)

* the default clover.plist should works

SMBIOS : Macmini6,2
ACPI patching (use clover configruator) : change ECH1 to EH01, change ECH2 to EH02, change GFX0 to IGPU
Graphics : ig-platform-id = 0x01620005, InjectIntel = "YES"

Where to look for the errors
(a) on the screen, capture the screen
(b) Press F2 in the Clover GUI, the preboot.log is saved in EFI\CLOVER\misc\ folder

what hardware in your configuration?

I do not use UniBeast installer, you can created the bootlable USB drive by running the createinstallmedia command

How to create a bootable installer for macOS
https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT201372

for High Sierra:
Code:
sudo /Applications/Install\ macOS\ High\ Sierra.app/Contents/Resources/createinstallmedia --volume /Volumes/MyVolume --applicationpath /Applications/Install\ macOS\ High\ Sierra.app

clover version did I used :

r4220, r4233, r4243, r4268, r4297, r4318, r4334, r4368, r4369, r4392, r4411, r4427, r4428, r4439, r4509*, r4522, r4523', r4532', r4533, r4586*
you may use clover r4586, I haven't try the lastest one (r4617) yet

Install the Clover EFI bootloader on your USB drive

run the clover installer
select custom install : DriverUFEI options : select AptioMemoryFix-64 or OsxAptioFix3Drv (not available in r4586)
* install either AptioMemoryFix-64 or OsxAptioFix3Drv, not both of them

e.g. files in the EFI\CLOVER\kexts\drivers64UEFI folder
Code:
ApfsDriverLoader-64.efi
AppleImageCodec-64.efi
AppleKeyAggregator-64.efi
AppleUITheme-64.efi
AptioInputFix-64.efi
AptioMemoryFix-64.efi
DataHubDxe-64.efi
FirmwareVolume-64.efi
FSInject-64.efi
SMCHelper-64.efi
VBoxHfs-64.efi

files in the EFI\CLOVER\kexts\Other folder
Code:
EFI\CLOVER\kexts\Other\FakeSMC.kext (v.1723)
EFI\CLOVER\kexts\Other\Lilu.kext (v.1.2.4)
EFI\CLOVER\kexts\Other\RealtekRTL8111.kext (v.2.2.1)
EFI\CLOVER\kexts\Other\AppleALC.kext (v.1.2.8)

* the default clover.plist should works

SMBIOS : Macmini6,2
ACPI patching (use clover configruator) : change ECH1 to EH01, change ECH2 to EH02, change GFX0 to IGPU
Graphics : ig-platform-id = 0x01620005, InjectIntel = "YES"

Where to look for the errors
(a) on the screen, capture the screen
(b) Press F2 in the Clover GUI, the preboot.log is saved in EFI\CLOVER\misc\ folder

what hardware in your configuration?

I opted out of APFS conversion because I edited the minstallconfig.xml. I can't tell whether this is relevant for HD4000 to work. But it might do without the ApfsDriverLoader-64.efi? You recommend using Macmini6,2. All the others are talking about iMac14,2. So I will also go for this. Keeping my fingers crossed. And thank you much again for such a detailed answer!!!
*update*
HD4000 works!!! 4000 hugs for you!!!
but... I lost sound despite the fact that AppleALC is in its place...?
*update#2*
got audio back: devices->audio turned it back on with "1"
THANK YOU SOOO MUCH FOR YOUR HELP!!!

Last edited:
I opted out of APFS conversion because I edited the minstallconfig.xml. I can't tell whether this is relevant for HD4000 to work. But it might do without the ApfsDriverLoader-64.efi? You recommend using Macmini6,2. All the others are talking about iMac14,2. So I will also go for this. Keeping my fingers crossed. And thank you much again for such a detailed answer!!!
*update*
HD4000 works!!! 4000 hugs for you!!!
but... I lost sound despite the fact that AppleALC is in its place...?
*update#2*
got audio back: devices->audio turned it back on with "1"
THANK YOU SOOO MUCH FOR YOUR HELP!!!

for IGPU only configuration -> use SMBIOS = Macmini6,x
for GPU or GPU+IGPU configuration -> use SMBIOS = iMac13,x, or iMac14,x

I also don't use APFS, the driver ApfsDriverLoader-64.efi is optional, just in case that I plug-in a APFS formatted drive, the Clover can access the drive

You recommend using Macmini6,2. All the others are talking about iMac14,2. So I will also go for this.
My formulation was a little misleading. I did follow your tip of course!
And again - thank you so much for your support!!! You guys are awesome

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back