Register

BitterMelon's "Chip" build: GA-Z77N-WIFI - i5-3570K - HD 6870

Motherboard
ASUS ROG Strix Z390-I Gaming
CPU
i7-8700
Graphics
HD 630
Well I took the plunge and upgraded to OpenCore and Big Sur. The switch to running OpenCore took me 1 hour. It was a lot easier than I expected.

If anybody is interested on the OpenCore configuration, let me know.
How's Big Sur running with that motherboard and CPU?

I have a Gigabyte GA-Z77N-wifi with intel HD 4000 (no graphics card) that I recently upgraded to Catalina using Clover. I don't use it that often. I recall it being kind of slow.

Motherboard
ASUS Z490-I STRIX GAMING
CPU
i5-10600K
Graphics
HD630, RX 5700 XT
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
How's Big Sur running with that motherboard and CPU?

I have a Gigabyte GA-Z77N-wifi with intel HD 4000 (no graphics card) that I recently upgraded to Catalina using Clover. I don't use it that often. I recall it being kind of slow.
Slow? I have never had performance issues running OSX with this system. That's why I have kept it all these years. I do have a GTX 680, but I dont think that will make much of a difference.

I do remember, you must use SSD. My clone backup uses a external USB spinning disk and it's super slow.

Motherboard
GA-Z170Z-UD3
CPU
Intel Core i5 6600K
Graphics
Integrated graphics
Mac
  1. Mac Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Well I took the plunge and upgraded to OpenCore and Big Sur. The switch to running OpenCore took me 1 hour. It was a lot easier than I expected.

If anybody is interested on the OpenCore configuration, let me know.
yes im interested on the OpenCore configuration

Motherboard
ASUS Z490-I STRIX GAMING
CPU
i5-10600K
Graphics
HD630, RX 5700 XT
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
yes im interested on the OpenCore configuration

I believe this EFI is for OPENCORE 6.8. I do not recommend copying and pasting the files. You need to review the differences between your system. (KEXT) and update the Serial, MLB and UUID. But this is coming from a working configuration for my setup.

Use this for reference only.

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    11.1 MB · Views: 36
Motherboard
GA-Z170Z-UD3
CPU
Intel Core i5 6600K
Graphics
Integrated graphics
Mac
  1. Mac Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
I believe this EFI is for OPENCORE 6.8. I do not recommend copying and pasting the files. You need to review the differences between your system. (KEXT) and update the Serial, MLB and UUID. But this is coming from a working configuration for my setup.

Use this for reference only.
thank you!!