Motherboard
Gigabyte Z490 Vision D
CPU
i5-10400
Graphics
RX 580
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
I upgraded. Pretty much followed the Catalina guide here on tonymacx86 exactly, starting with preparing the Clover USB installer.

Afterwards, most things worked as easily as before. But some of the usual things were not working perfectly. So I used Clover Configurator to modify my .plist file. Then I added the kext files I needed to my EFI/Other folder.

Motherboard
HP Probook 430 G2
CPU
i5 5200
Graphics
HD 5500
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Has anybody tried to upgrade to Big Sur? I guess this system is finally reaching the end of the road. Can't believe it's this old.

Does anybody have this running using OpenCore?
mchammer26 has pointed out the same. But you can find his config.plist

Motherboard
Dell Precision 3620
CPU
E1275v5
Graphics
GT 730
Such system should have been WEEEd years ago...

sebus

Motherboard
HP Probook 430 G2
CPU
i5 5200
Graphics
HD 5500
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Such system should have been WEEEd years ago...

sebus
Why would you say that? That good old system is still super stable. But a proper opencore configuration is still to be found here.

Motherboard
Gigabyte GA-Z77N-WIFI
CPU
i5-3570K
Graphics
HD 4000
Mac
  1. iMac
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
. . . I have had pretty much this configuration and it worked perfectly for years, and then I'm not sure what happened / what I did. Now, I can only get as far as a fresh install, but cannot get post-installation to work with MultiBeast. I tried a fresh install (wiped the SSD) of 10.13 High Sierra but, as I said, cannot get post-install to work. Now I'm going to try a fresh install of 10.14, wiping the SSD first in disk utility again (currently downloading Mojave and will make the USB with UniBeast).

Can someone please recommend exact MultiBeast options to select in either High Sierra or Mojave versions of MB to get this build working post installation.

I was actually looking on the Apple website this evening considering buying a Mac mini. I haven't had my Hackintosh working for nearly a year now, and there are all these photos I can't access (they are backed up) and Photoshop projects long on hold because I can't get back into my computer. I'm nearly at the end of my rope and would greatly appreciate some help. Thanks.

Stork

Admin
Staff member
Motherboard
Gigabyte Z690 Aero G
CPU
i5-12600K
Graphics
RX 6800 XT
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
  2. Mac mini
  3. Mac Pro
Classic Mac
  1. Power Mac
  2. PowerBook
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
@toothpix, See my Thunderball build description for MultiBeast for Mojave choices. Note: I used a graphics card. Therefore, I would add to my MultiBeast build
Customize > Graphics Configuration > Core Graphics Fixup AKA WhateverGreen​
since WhateverGreen is designed for Intel Graphics.

Motherboard
Gigabyte GA-Z77N-WIFI
CPU
i5-3570K
Graphics
HD 4000
Mac
  1. iMac
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
@toothpix, See my Thunderball build description for MultiBeast for Mojave choices. Note: I used a graphics card. Therefore, I would add to my MultiBeast build
Customize > Graphics Configuration > Core Graphics Fixup AKA WhateverGreen​
since WhateverGreen is designed for Intel Graphics.

Dear @Stork,

Thank you!! My computer now boots into Clover and into Mojave without the USB stick! I can't really express how grateful I am, thank you and happy new year.

. . . Unfortunately I still have no audio, no wifi, and can't choose a different screen resolution than 1024 x 768. I was hoping the right MultiBeast settings would resolve this. Can you direct me to a post that addresses these issues?

Thanks again and happy new year!

Stork

Admin
Staff member
Motherboard
Gigabyte Z690 Aero G
CPU
i5-12600K
Graphics
RX 6800 XT
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
  2. Mac mini
  3. Mac Pro
Classic Mac
  1. Power Mac
  2. PowerBook
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Dear @Stork,

Thank you!! My computer now boots into Clover and into Mojave without the USB stick! I can't really express how grateful I am, thank you and happy new year.
Great to hear! Now for the next problems...
. . . Unfortunately I still have no audio, no wifi, and can't choose a different screen resolution than 1024 x 768. I was hoping the right MultiBeast settings would resolve this. Can you direct me to a post that addresses these issues?
Re: Audio. What audio driver are you using?

Re: WiFi/BT. If you are using the motherboard's WiFi/BT card, it's not compatible will macOS. You will have to remove the card. Then you will have two choices. First, find a macOS compatible card like I did with my Hector build. Second, or you'll have to get a Fenvi T919 WiFi/BT PCIe card which is compatible with macOS.

Re: Screen resolution. I have no idea why that is happening. I use graphics cards, so, unfortunately, I can't help you with the iGPU HD 4000. I recommend you post your issue in the Graphics forum section. Maybe @pastrychef can help.

Thanks again and happy new year!
May you, too, have happy and prosperous new year.

Motherboard
Gigabyte GA-Z77N-WIFI
CPU
i5-3570K
Graphics
HD 4000
Mac
  1. iMac
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Amazingly the graphics fixed themselves! I just rebooted and I had a lot of options and resolution looks great.

Re: Audio. What audio driver are you using?
I'm using "AppleALC" from MultiBeast v. 11.3

Re: WiFi/BT. If you are using the motherboard's WiFi/BT card, it's not compatible will macOS. You will have to remove the card. Then you will have two choices. First, find a macOS compatible card like I did with my Hector build. Second, or you'll have to get a Fenvi T919 WiFi/BT PCIe card which is compatible with macOS.
I replaced the stock wifi card with a DELL DW1515 Dual band 2.4GHz 5GHz Half-height Mini-PCIe Wireless Card. This worked OOB for all prior Hackintosh builds - Is this card still comparable with Mojave? (Also, it's not just wifi that isn't working. I've tried plugging in Ethernet to both ports and no dice.)

UPDATE: I found this guide for getting the DW1515 card to work with Mojave and installed a kext for the first time following this guide and now have wifi . . . still working on getting ethernet to work, but not a pressing concern now that wifi is working.​
Thank you to all the amazing community posters on this site!​

Thanks again!

Last edited: