Contribute
Register

BitterMelon's "Chip" build: GA-Z77N-WIFI - i5-3570K - HD 6870

Status
Not open for further replies.
. . . I have had pretty much this configuration and it worked perfectly for years, and then I'm not sure what happened / what I did. Now, I can only get as far as a fresh install, but cannot get post-installation to work with MultiBeast. I tried a fresh install (wiped the SSD) of 10.13 High Sierra but, as I said, cannot get post-install to work. Now I'm going to try a fresh install of 10.14, wiping the SSD first in disk utility again (currently downloading Mojave and will make the USB with UniBeast).

Can someone please recommend exact MultiBeast options to select in either High Sierra or Mojave versions of MB to get this build working post installation.

I was actually looking on the Apple website this evening considering buying a Mac mini. I haven't had my Hackintosh working for nearly a year now, and there are all these photos I can't access (they are backed up) and Photoshop projects long on hold because I can't get back into my computer. I'm nearly at the end of my rope and would greatly appreciate some help. Thanks.

@toothpix, See my Thunderball build description for MultiBeast for Mojave choices. Note: I used a graphics card. Therefore, I would add to my MultiBeast build
Customize > Graphics Configuration > Core Graphics Fixup AKA WhateverGreen​
since WhateverGreen is designed for Intel Graphics.

@toothpix, See my Thunderball build description for MultiBeast for Mojave choices. Note: I used a graphics card. Therefore, I would add to my MultiBeast build
Customize > Graphics Configuration > Core Graphics Fixup AKA WhateverGreen​
since WhateverGreen is designed for Intel Graphics.

Dear @Stork,

Thank you!! My computer now boots into Clover and into Mojave without the USB stick! I can't really express how grateful I am, thank you and happy new year.

. . . Unfortunately I still have no audio, no wifi, and can't choose a different screen resolution than 1024 x 768. I was hoping the right MultiBeast settings would resolve this. Can you direct me to a post that addresses these issues?

Thanks again and happy new year!

Dear @Stork,

Thank you!! My computer now boots into Clover and into Mojave without the USB stick! I can't really express how grateful I am, thank you and happy new year.
Great to hear! Now for the next problems...
. . . Unfortunately I still have no audio, no wifi, and can't choose a different screen resolution than 1024 x 768. I was hoping the right MultiBeast settings would resolve this. Can you direct me to a post that addresses these issues?
Re: Audio. What audio driver are you using?

Re: WiFi/BT. If you are using the motherboard's WiFi/BT card, it's not compatible will macOS. You will have to remove the card. Then you will have two choices. First, find a macOS compatible card like I did with my Hector build. Second, or you'll have to get a Fenvi T919 WiFi/BT PCIe card which is compatible with macOS.

Re: Screen resolution. I have no idea why that is happening. I use graphics cards, so, unfortunately, I can't help you with the iGPU HD 4000. I recommend you post your issue in the Graphics forum section. Maybe @pastrychef can help.

Thanks again and happy new year!
May you, too, have happy and prosperous new year.

Amazingly the graphics fixed themselves! I just rebooted and I had a lot of options and resolution looks great.

Re: Audio. What audio driver are you using?
I'm using "AppleALC" from MultiBeast v. 11.3

Re: WiFi/BT. If you are using the motherboard's WiFi/BT card, it's not compatible will macOS. You will have to remove the card. Then you will have two choices. First, find a macOS compatible card like I did with my Hector build. Second, or you'll have to get a Fenvi T919 WiFi/BT PCIe card which is compatible with macOS.
I replaced the stock wifi card with a DELL DW1515 Dual band 2.4GHz 5GHz Half-height Mini-PCIe Wireless Card. This worked OOB for all prior Hackintosh builds - Is this card still comparable with Mojave? (Also, it's not just wifi that isn't working. I've tried plugging in Ethernet to both ports and no dice.)

UPDATE: I found this guide for getting the DW1515 card to work with Mojave and installed a kext for the first time following this guide and now have wifi . . . still working on getting ethernet to work, but not a pressing concern now that wifi is working.​
Thank you to all the amazing community posters on this site!​

Thanks again!

Last edited:
Well I took the plunge and upgraded to OpenCore and Big Sur. The switch to running OpenCore took me 1 hour. It was a lot easier than I expected.

If anybody is interested on the OpenCore configuration, let me know.
How's Big Sur running with that motherboard and CPU?

I have a Gigabyte GA-Z77N-wifi with intel HD 4000 (no graphics card) that I recently upgraded to Catalina using Clover. I don't use it that often. I recall it being kind of slow.

How's Big Sur running with that motherboard and CPU?

I have a Gigabyte GA-Z77N-wifi with intel HD 4000 (no graphics card) that I recently upgraded to Catalina using Clover. I don't use it that often. I recall it being kind of slow.
Slow? I have never had performance issues running OSX with this system. That's why I have kept it all these years. I do have a GTX 680, but I dont think that will make much of a difference.

I do remember, you must use SSD. My clone backup uses a external USB spinning disk and it's super slow.

Well I took the plunge and upgraded to OpenCore and Big Sur. The switch to running OpenCore took me 1 hour. It was a lot easier than I expected.

If anybody is interested on the OpenCore configuration, let me know.
yes im interested on the OpenCore configuration

yes im interested on the OpenCore configuration

I believe this EFI is for OPENCORE 6.8. I do not recommend copying and pasting the files. You need to review the differences between your system. (KEXT) and update the Serial, MLB and UUID. But this is coming from a working configuration for my setup.

Use this for reference only.

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    11.1 MB · Views: 73
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back