Graphics
RX 580
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
  2. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
EddyMac,
Try rebuilding the UniBeast USB thumb drive. If that doesn't work and you still get KP, get another USB thumb drive as some thumb drives are problematic. UniBeast 3 works like a champ.

Thanks Stork. Weird that this same stick just worked twice for my other Hack. Anyway, I'll try your suggestion of rebuilding the Unibeast thumb drive.

I remember when building the Unibeast drive the other day, it asked me at some point if I wanted to use legacy USB support or something like that. I said yes. Could that be why it works for my older Sandy Bridge build but not for this Ivy Bridge one? In remaking the Unibeast thumb drive, what choice should I make at that point? Legacy or not?

Motherboard
GA-Z170X-UD5 TH
CPU
i7 6700K
Graphics
RX 580
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
  2. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
I remade the Unibeast stick and didn't choose the legacy USB option. Installed went fine. Everything seems to be running fine except my HW Monitor is now only showing hard drive temps. Before, it showed CPU temps also. No big deal.

Stork

Admin
Staff member
Motherboard
Gigabyte Z690 Aero G
CPU
i5-12600K
Graphics
RX 6800 XT
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
  2. Mac mini
  3. Mac Pro
Classic Mac
  1. Power Mac
  2. PowerBook
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
I remade the Unibeast stick and didn't choose the legacy USB option...
Legacy is for the Lynnfield i3/i5/i7 (1st gen) and earlier systems.

Motherboard
GA-Z77N-WiFi
CPU
i5-3570k
Graphics
GTX 650 Ti Boost
Mac
Classic Mac
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Just reporting in that I have this same setup almost verbatim (with eVGA GeForce GTX 650 Ti BOOST) and Mavericks is running great on it. Only issue was iMessages not activating (never had this problem before), but the FileNVRAM-1.1.2 fix worked perfectly.

Motherboard
Gigabyte GA-Z77N-WIFI
CPU
Intel i5 3570K
Graphics
Galaxy Geforce GTX 650 (Nvida)
Mac
Classic Mac
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
I have basically the same setup but with a different graphics card (GTX 650).

Issues I have run into.

-Safari can not play youtube video's before and after the flash player update (freezes/hangs machine).
-Sound sometimes crackles when playing videos through chrome on youtube (chrome youtube works).
-Bluetooth sometimes drops on reboot or during usage (using onboard bluetooth with both antennas attached which was stable on 10.8.2).

I got around the Safari bug by using chrome (I would like to use safari as it was supposed to be improved).

The audio crackling every now and again when watching youtube videos is almost a deal breaker and I kind of want to go back to ML.

Maybe I did something wrong in Multibeast.

I clicked :
Quick Start > DSDT Free
Drivers > Audio >Realtek ALCxxx > Without DSDT > ALC892 (HDAEnabler auto ticks and is greyed)
Disk > TRIM Enabler > 10.9 TRIM Patch
Misc > USB 3.0 - Universal by Zenith432
Network > Lnx2Mac's RealtekRTL81xx v0.0.90
Bootloaders > Chimera v2.2.1
Customize >Boot Options > Gernerate CPU States / Hibernate Mode - Desktop / Use KernelCache
System Definitions > Mac mini 6,2
Themes > Mac Pro > tonymacx86 Black

Is it possible to roll back to the 10.8.4 audio from Mavericks as I saw a post in this long topic of a user rolling back from 10.8.5 audio to 10.8.4. If so, how would I go about doing that? Thanks in advance.

I fixed the imessenger issue with the FileNVRAM.dylib file but went poking around the imessenger settings and saw the account was not enabled. After that, I have not been able to get it working again.

EDIT iMessenger fix:
I followed the deleting plist and ethernet, reboot and adding ethernet back (plist regenerates) process in this youtube vid and it got my imessnger working. I left my FileNVRAM.dylib file there.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HwD7F4NlRUM

EDIt 2: Youtube on Safari seems to be working now and I think the sound is not crackling on Safari. I installed a lot of video players to increase the codecs I had. Not sure if that helped.

Motherboard
GA-Z97N-WIFI
CPU
i7-4790K
Graphics
Zotac GTX 1070 Mini
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hi,

has anybody tried the included Bluetooth 4.0 / WiFi-Card with the new Mavericks?
I removed mine a while ago but maybe someone else hasn't....

Regards,
Stevil

Motherboard
Lion 10.7.4
CPU
i3
Graphics
HD3000
Mac
  1. iMac
Classic Mac
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hi,

has anybody tried the included Bluetooth 4.0 / WiFi-Card with the new Mavericks?
I removed mine a while ago but maybe someone else hasn't....

Regards,
Stevil

I just completed my build and WIFI Card not working with Mavericks. Not using bluetooth so not sure about it, but there is bt icon.

Stork

Admin
Staff member
Motherboard
Gigabyte Z690 Aero G
CPU
i5-12600K
Graphics
RX 6800 XT
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
  2. Mac mini
  3. Mac Pro
Classic Mac
  1. Power Mac
  2. PowerBook
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Motherboard
Ga-H97N-WiFi
CPU
i3
Graphics
Motherboard graphics
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. Mac Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
One of my systems is the GA-Z77N-wifi. System was running perfectly on 10.8.5. I just upgraded to Mavericks and the screen flickers whenever there is mouse motion such as when I open a folder or drop down menu. This is the internal display using a i3 3225 CPU which has Intel 4000 graphics connected with DVI. Does anyone have the solution?