Contribute
Register

BitterMelon's "Chip" build: GA-Z77N-WIFI - i5-3570K - HD 6870

Status
Not open for further replies.
Did you have to do anything special to get the network interfaces to come up? I installed the same drivers as you in Multibeast, but the NICs seem to get bad IP addresses (not in a range assigned by my router) and won't connect to the internet.
No, it just worked right away. I did have some issues a couple of random times when the iMac (daisy-chained as a wireless access point, doh!) wouldn't give out an address (so I got 169.254.*.*). Rebooting the hack solved the problem both times. Not sure what your issue might be tbh. Have you tried a different cable?

Yeah I've tried 2 different cables, both NICs, even different ports on the router. I gave up on it around 2am last night. I'll give it another go tonight when I get home from work.

Hmm... perhaps if you ask for help here, they could help you/us.;)
Yeah, doesn't seem to work. However, I checked pmset and I think this means that it won't autosleep, regardless?
Code:
$ pmset -g assertions2012-10-08 18:25:45 CEST 
Assertion status system-wide:
   PreventUserIdleDisplaySleep    0
   PreventSystemSleep             0
   PreventUserIdleSystemSleep     1
   ExternalMedia                  1
   DisableLowPowerBatteryWarnings 0
   UserIsActive                   0
   ApplePushServiceTask           0
   BackgroundTask                 1

Listed by owning process:
  pid 27(powerd): [0x000000090000012c] 00:03:54 ExternalMedia named: "com.apple.powermanagement.externalmediamounted" 
  pid 233(coreaudiod): [0x0000000100000170] 00:02:59 NoIdleSleepAssertion named: "com.apple.audio.'AppleHDAEngineOutput:1B,2,1,2:0'.noidlesleep" 
  pid 344(helpd): [0x0000000c00000173] 00:02:23 BackgroundTask named: "com.apple.helpd.sdmbuilding" 

Kernel Assertions: 0x0004 
 * Kernel Assertion ID = 500
   Created At = 2012-10-08 18:21:42 CEST 
   Modified At = 2012-10-08 18:26:27 CEST 
   Owner ID = 0xffffff801189f000
   Level = 255
   Assertions Set = None (4)

* Kernel Assertion ID = 501
   Created At = 2012-10-08 18:21:44 CEST 
   Modified At = 2012-10-08 18:26:27 CEST 
   Owner ID = 0xffffff80118ac000
   Level = 255

* Kernel Assertion ID = 502
   Created At = 2012-10-08 18:22:42 CEST 
   Modified At = 2012-10-08 18:38:11 CEST 
   Owner ID = 0xffffff80d139b000
   Level = 255

Hmm... perhaps if you ask for help here, they could help you/us.;)

mate, there are 3 reasons shown why his system isnt autosleeping.

one is that an external storage device is plugged in.
one is that audio is working (usually due to itunes open etc. even if the song/video is paused itll still be active, preventing idle sleep)
lastly, it shows sdmbuilding. this is building the help files folder. this can take ages to complete. mine kept building it every few days, so i had enough and disabled helpd!

Roger that Captain!

BitterMelon, here is the exercise! Plug out your external HDD, force close iTunes and disable helpd!:mrgreen: Then, test again the auto-sleep function.:lol:

Did you have to do anything special to get the network interfaces to come up? I installed the same drivers as you in Multibeast, but the NICs seem to get bad IP addresses (not in a range assigned by my router) and won't connect to the internet.

i'm working off the same basic hardware setup, and i also had problems with the onboard gigabit using the Lnx2Mac drivers. specifically, i couldn't "hot-swap" my ethernet connection. on boot i would get an IP address, but as soon as i lose the IP address or need a new one as a result of unplugging the cable and plugging it into a different router i can't get an IP via DHCP from the router- my machine just winds up self-assigning an IP (169.254.*). here's the workaround i found:

- go to the "network" section of "system preferences".
- in the list of network interfaces on the left, select an "ethernet" interface, click on the little "gear" menu and choose "make service inactive". then click the "Apply" button.
- repeat for the other "ethernet" interface (make sure you click the "Apply" button again!). i don't know if you actually need to make the other interface inactive or not- it's just something i did (and i left it inactive as i presently have no use for it), so i mention it.
- select the ethernet interface you want to use, make it active, and click "Apply" again. at this point, it starts working for me.
- any time i lose a connection as a result of unplugging/replugging, i make the service inactive and then active again (don't forget to click "Apply"!) and i get a new IP.

Why don't you try to install Realtek Gigabit Ethernet kext? It's more realible than Lnx2Mac's one.

Congratulations, BitterMelon, on your build description becoming a Golden Build! :clap::clap:

You took the tonymacx86 CustoMac Mini to the next level using the GA-Z77N-WIFI and the i5-3570K. :thumbup:

Enjoy the Ride! :headbang:

Why don't you try to install Realtek Gigabit Ethernet kext? It's more realible than Lnx2Mac's one.
Hey Mate94, I've have the same problem with either kext. Also, sleep works only 90% of the time. It seems like the nic stops working, sleep fails, and boot time all goes to hell at the same time. If you clear the bios and reset it all works again. Thinking might need a bios upgrade to fix it...

Roger that Captain!

BitterMelon, here is the exercise! Plug out your external HDD, force close iTunes and disable helpd!:mrgreen: Then, test again the auto-sleep function.:lol:
Sir, yes sir! :lol:
*runs off*

*comes back*
Yeah... no. I got rid of the locks, but still no luck. No difference at all actually. The computer is acting a bit strangely though, I might try again later.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back