Contribute
Register

BitterMelon's "Chip" build: GA-Z77N-WIFI - i5-3570K - HD 6870

Status
Not open for further replies.
Great build! I was having the same sleep issues on my build and then I added npci=0x3000 to my org.chameleon.boot.plist. I also did notice that this only worked when I had my DSDT (I know it's Ivy Bridge, but I need the sound edit). It wouldn't work without a DSDT. Let me know how it works!

FINALLY got mine al working.... HD3000 doesn't work well. No hardware acceleration so nothing good till i can get a GFX card. Im thinking a 670, used off craigslist they go for $200. Ill get mine by the end of the month.

Specs:

Z77N
Ripjaw X (8GB)
i5 2500K (HD3000 [Kinda]) (4.2 GHz)
H70 Liquid Cooler
120 OCZ SSD
2TB HD (not using right now, gonna be external. Do you know if USB 3.0 works with USB 3.0 things?)

Modded Bitfenix Prodigy (Pics if you want)

You are right! From the error text I already figured that it was related to the OEMSMBIOS kext, but for some reason I totally missed your hint in the introduction:

Just installing FakeSMC plus motherboard and Radeon plugins causes kernel panic. You have to install them, and then remove the OemSMBIOS.kext plugin before rebooting.
I did not have this issue in first place, but after the supplemental update :)

Thanks for your help!

question? Why using radeon plugins?

my 6870 is running OOTB ?

2TB HD (not using right now, gonna be external. Do you know if USB 3.0 works with USB 3.0 things?)
Yes, it's confirmed. OOB even.

Modded Bitfenix Prodigy (Pics if you want)
Of course! Start a build thread (use the template!). :)

You are right! From the error text I already figured that it was related to the OEMSMBIOS kext, but for some reason I totally missed your hint in the introduction:

I did not have this issue in first place, but after the supplemental update

Thanks for your help!
Yes, that oembios kext does seem to be a dangerous bugger. Maybe tonymacx86 should split them up in the next Multibeast?

question? Why using radeon plugins?

my 6870 is running OOTB ?
The FakeSMC plugins are just for hardware monitoring. The Raderon plugin makes the GPU temperature show up in HWMonitor. The card works fine without it.

Where do you expect to "see" this? I just found one big thread
http://www.tonymacx86.com/263-apple-issues-os-x-10-8-2-10-7-5-supplemental-updates.html

Maybe you can update your build description whenever you successfully installed the update. Thanks.
If you can't find info on it, assume that it isn't successfully tested yet. However, the comments on that page does seem to indicate that it should work for most people. It's still a chance.

But yes, I will update after I have installed it. :)

thanks for the info,

still have the problem that I dont get 10.8.2 running? Ideas?

Please, let us know if the rig works properly with the wifi card you ordered or you have any glitch or difficulty.
Cheers.

Did you have to do anything special to get the network interfaces to come up? I installed the same drivers as you in Multibeast, but the NICs seem to get bad IP addresses (not in a range assigned by my router) and won't connect to the internet.

Please, let us know if the rig works properly with the wifi card you ordered or you have any glitch or difficulty.
Cheers.
I have the same motherboard (except H77 chipset), exchanged the Intel card against an ATHEROS AR9280 minicard and it works OOTB, no problems at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back