Contribute
Register

BitterMelon's "Chip" build: GA-Z77N-WIFI - i5-3570K - HD 6870

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is great to see. I also just received the GA-H77N-WIFI for an HTPC with an i3-3225. Just waiting on the CPU to arrive. You guys have me a little concerned about the graphics, though, since I plan to just use the onboard HD 4000 graphics. I don't have an old card to throw in and I don't want to buy one. Anyone else have the same issues with broken graphics and the HD4000 or can confirm a working system on this board without a dedicated card?

Dear,

Thanks for sharing.
Did you get problems when upgrade to 10.8.2?
I got screen white whirling when entering logo.

Thanks!

I just built a successful dual boot Windows 7 and OSX Mountain Lion with the GA-Z77N-WiFi and the i3 3225 processor. There are some issues to overcome that weren't evident with a Snow Leopard dual boot build. You need to be careful that your Master Boot Record is changed from what Windows puts in. I had to delete the MBR and then let Multibeast with Chameleon replace it with the OSX install from the USB stick method after the windows install to get both operating systems to work.

Hey BitterMelon,

you did a great job! I have a similar build (GA-H77N-WIFI, i3570K) and will post my build soon.

I did not have the issue with the HD4000 GPU.

Did you try to install the 10.8.2 Supplemental Updates? After installing them, I cannot boot into Mac OS anymore. I see the Apple logo and the little animation...but it stays like this for forever. Any ideas? Thanks in advance.

Regarding the bluetooth - FAO everyone

Just to let you know through the posts here it is obviously sometimes full of conflicting info about works OOB and what doesn't, I can tell you for certain this morning using the GA-H77N-WIFI i went out and bought the belkin bluetooth adapter model number F8T016ng and is working for bios access (using f12 for boot options then selecting bios as apple keyboard has no delete key), it then proceeds to work fine for going through the bios,

Also it allows me to control chimera at boot, Hope this helps a lot of you, paid just over £7 for it at PCWorld in the UK.

If anyone can advise me of a graphics card (im looking for the HD6870) which will work OOB, I currently have an HD5450 which works with full acceleration but needs 2 kext edits to be done after install (and any updates) to add its hex id to the kexts, before rebooting.

What Im looking for the make, model, ram size, etc of a HD6870 which anyone has found to not need any edits at all.

Many thanks & happy hackintoshing......

hi guys,

just build GA-Z77N-WIFI + i5 3500 + Radeon Asus 6870.

For Install I removed the Radeon. Thanks for that.

But now I have a Problem which many guys seem to have. Slow boot up.
OS X boots about 40 sec with the SSD. Normal it should need 5-10 after Apple Logo.

Any ideas?

UPDATE: Cant get 10.8.2 running ? When updateing from 10.8.1 to 10.8.2 ... Apple Logo with spinng wheel ... thats it

Next Problem. Putting USB devices in after restart ... USB 2.0 ports does not funtcion

USB 3.0 does detect MousE?

any solutions?

This is great to see. I also just received the GA-H77N-WIFI for an HTPC with an i3-3225. Just waiting on the CPU to arrive. You guys have me a little concerned about the graphics, though, since I plan to just use the onboard HD 4000 graphics. I don't have an old card to throw in and I don't want to buy one. Anyone else have the same issues with broken graphics and the HD4000 or can confirm a working system on this board without a dedicated card?
It does work, most of the time. And when it doesn't, just power off/on the screen. I really don't think this is a common problem, or we would have heard more about it. It might be only with certain screens too, I don't know.

Did you get problems when upgrade to 10.8.2?
I got screen white whirling when entering logo.
I started at 10.8.2, so I cannot say. Did you re-install Multibeast?

I just built a successful dual boot Windows 7 and OSX Mountain Lion with the GA-Z77N-WiFi and the i3 3225 processor. There are some issues to overcome that weren't evident with a Snow Leopard dual boot build. You need to be careful that your Master Boot Record is changed from what Windows puts in. I had to delete the MBR and then let Multibeast with Chameleon replace it with the OSX install from the USB stick method after the windows install to get both operating systems to work.
I assume you are installing them on the same disk then? But yes, that is trickier than using separate disks.

Did you try to install the 10.8.2 Supplemental Updates? After installing them, I cannot boot into Mac OS anymore. I see the Apple logo and the little animation...but it stays like this for forever. Any ideas? Thanks in advance.
No I didn't, and for very good reasons. Never install an update before you've seen it working on the forum. Also; always re-install Multibeast before rebooting.

Just to let you know through the posts here it is obviously sometimes full of conflicting info about works OOB and what doesn't, I can tell you for certain this morning using the GA-H77N-WIFI i went out and bought the belkin bluetooth adapter model number F8T016ng and is working for bios access (using f12 for boot options then selecting bios as apple keyboard has no delete key), it then proceeds to work fine for going through the bios,
Awesome! I'll see if I can find one of those then. :)

Doesn't fn-backspace work for delete? It usually does.

If anyone can advise me of a graphics card (im looking for the HD6870) which will work OOB, I currently have an HD5450 which works with full acceleration but needs 2 kext edits to be done after install (and any updates) to add its hex id to the kexts, before rebooting.

What Im looking for the make, model, ram size, etc of a HD6870 which anyone has found to not need any edits at all.
Mine? I've seen some (very few) people having problems with certain HD6870s, but mine worked OOB.

But now I have a Problem which many guys seem to have. Slow boot up.
OS X boots about 40 sec with the SSD. Normal it should need 5-10 after Apple Logo.

Any ideas?
Boot with verbose and check what it hangs on?

Next Problem. Putting USB devices in after restart ... USB 2.0 ports does not funtcion

USB 3.0 does detect MousE?

any solutions?
USB 2.0 worked perfectly all the time for me. So I guess I'm no help. :)

I had a look at it again: after the Supplement Update, in verbose mode I see the following:
ACPI: System State S0 S3 S4 S5
waitForSystemMapper
Backtrace ...
Kernel Extensions in backtrace:
org.navi.OemSMBIOS(1.0)...

I will roll back now until the issue is solved...

I had a look at it again: after the Supplement Update, in verbose mode I see the following:
ACPI: System State S0 S3 S4 S5
waitForSystemMapper
Backtrace ...
Kernel Extensions in backtrace:
org.navi.OemSMBIOS(1.0)...

I will roll back now until the issue is solved...
See my note on Hardware monitoring in the first post, specifically point three. That might help. Just boot Unibeast and start a Terminal. The path will be slightly different though.
Code:
cd /Volumes/<name of your harddrive>/
[COLOR=#000000]rm -r System/Library/Extensions/FakeSMC.kext/Contents/PlugIns/OemSMBIOS.kext
[/COLOR]
Replace <name of your harddrive> with... well, the name of your harddrive.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back