Contribute
Register

BitterMelon's "Chip" build: GA-Z77N-WIFI - i5-3570K - HD 6870

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks for posting this since I'm waiting for parts for a build which is mostly similar :)
Btw, can I use same Multibeast configuration as you if I have h77n board and different gpu?
Depends on the GPU I guess, mine worked OOB. The motherboard uses the same config as mine.

This is what fixed it for me If sleep works manually then get the application please sleep it will force your computer to auto sleep.

Nice build. My parts for a black version with i7 & HD6870 are on the way. will be here next week. i thought the water cooling is overkill since these are only 77w CPUs. I'm either going to use the stock HSF or a low profile Zalman copper/heatpipe model for now. May over clock in the future. I bought the bitfenix 230mm fan (with red LEDs) to let it cool better and have an menacing glow to it.

Amazing build BitterMelon! Although admittedly I made a spec up sheet just last night which has pretty much all the same components thought I was being awesome and unique turns out I'm late to the party. If you don't mind I have a few questions:

How do you like the GA-Z77N? It took me ages to find this board and I'm just waiting for it to come to Australia I was previously looking at the Zotac board but this one seems like a winner.

Is there any particular reason you went for the i5 3570K? Although the price difference is minimal there are a few cheaper chips without HD 4000. That Radeon makes it seem a little redundant :p (EDIT: Forget this question, you explained it in your first post! Doh!)

And lastly did you consider any other water coolers? Such as the Corsair H100?

Anything you would recommend to someone perusing a similar build to this?

Regardless your build looks immaculate good work!

Great build! Thanks for sharing!

I've GA-H77N, almost the same setup as yours. But I get some problems and need your help!

My bluetooth on board is able to find my magic mouse but cannot make connections well.
And it cannot even find my trackpad.
Can your bluetooth on board wok well? How did you make it?

Thanks alot!

This is what fixed it for me If sleep works manually then get the application please sleep it will force your computer to auto sleep.
Good tips! I found that program too, but I haven't tested it yet.

Nice build. My parts for a black version with i7 & HD6870 are on the way. will be here next week. i thought the water cooling is overkill since these are only 77w CPUs. I'm either going to use the stock HSF or a low profile Zalman copper/heatpipe model for now. May over clock in the future. I bought the bitfenix 230mm fan (with red LEDs) to let it cool better and have an menacing glow to it.
Yes, it probably is. But since it was the same price as many other air coolers, plus I could get it at short notice, I went for it anyway. Plus, it gives you more work space inside the computer if you need to replace/fix/tweak something.

Amazing build BitterMelon! Although admittedly I made a spec up sheet just last night which has pretty much all the same components thought I was being awesome and unique turns out I'm late to the party.
Hey, great minds think alike and all that. ;)

How do you like the GA-Z77N? It took me ages to find this board and I'm just waiting for it to come to Australia I was previously looking at the Zotac board but this one seems like a winner.
I really like it. So far, it's been as OOB as it could possibly be. I haven't done any tweaking apart from installing Multibeast (duh!). No DSDT, no kext editing, no custom BIOS. If the WiFi hade been compatible, this would have been a 100% board. I will have to do a DSDT edit if I want HDMI audio working, but I'm not sure I will be bothered with it. There are guides and tools if you need it.

And lastly did you consider any other water coolers? Such as the Corsair H100?
Yes, that was my first choice actually. But then I realized it was really overkill and would have been "just because it fits". Plus, it's twice the price of the Antec 620 here.

Anything you would recommend to someone perusing a similar build to this?
The H100? Or the Z77N? The Z77N, yes. The H100 I would recommend if you want to do some serious overclocking, but not for the normal user. The extra fan doesn't really make it more quiet than a single-fan rad. Mine is really quiet.

Regardless your build looks immaculate good work!
Thank you! :)

I've GA-H77N, almost the same setup as yours. But I get some problems and need your help!

My bluetooth on board is able to find my magic mouse but cannot make connections well.
And it cannot even find my trackpad.
Can your bluetooth on board wok well? How did you make it?
Not sure I can help you here. Since I didn't expect it to work, I didn't try it until I noticed the Bluetooth controller in System Profiler. After that all I had to do was plug in the external antennas (it worked without them too, but the connection wasn't stable). I didn't have to tweak anything.

I have very similar build (GA-z77n-WIFi- i5-3570K - HD 4000) and have tested a USB 3.0 HDD- works perfect @ USB 3.0 speed. just FYI :)

Chameleon isn't the problem. The EFI strings need to be injected by the bootloader. I had the identical symptoms as you.. boot into OSX and login screen is garbled. This fixed it for me.
Alright, excellent. :) I'll see if I ever give it a try (like I said, I'm not using the HD4000 right now).

I have very similar build (GA-z77n-WIFi- i5-3570K - HD 4000) and have tested a USB 3.0 HDD- works perfect @ USB 3.0 speed. just FYI :)
Perfect! :)

Good tips! I found that program too, but I haven't tested it yet.

Yes, it probably is. But since it was the same price as many other air coolers, plus I could get it at short notice, I went for it anyway. Plus, it gives you more work space inside the computer if you need to replace/fix/tweak something.

Hey, great minds think alike and all that. ;)

I really like it. So far, it's been as OOB as it could possibly be. I haven't done any tweaking apart from installing Multibeast (duh!). No DSDT, no kext editing, no custom BIOS. If the WiFi hade been compatible, this would have been a 100% board. I will have to do a DSDT edit if I want HDMI audio working, but I'm not sure I will be bothered with it. There are guides and tools if you need it.

Yes, that was my first choice actually. But then I realized it was really overkill and would have been "just because it fits". Plus, it's twice the price of the Antec 620 here.

The H100? Or the Z77N? The Z77N, yes. The H100 I would recommend if you want to do some serious overclocking, but not for the normal user. The extra fan doesn't really make it more quiet than a single-fan rad. Mine is really quiet.

Thank you! :)

Not sure I can help you here. Since I didn't expect it to work, I didn't try it until I noticed the Bluetooth controller in System Profiler. After that all I had to do was plug in the external antennas (it worked without them too, but the connection wasn't stable). I didn't have to tweak anything.

So what are the specs on the wifi card? With both bluetooth & wifi, it sounds like a great card if we can get it working. I'm amazed that the manual doesn't even call out the specs of the card.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back