Graphics
Intel HD4000 Graphics
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hello, after years of just envying other people's builds, I finally plan on building my own first Hackintosh build.

Main Specs are;

-BitFenix Prodigy Mini-ITX
-Gigabyte Z77N-WIFI Motherboard (SKT 1155, Mini-ITX)
-Intel 3rd Generation Core i5-3570K CPU (4 x 3.40GHz, Ivy Bridge, Socket 1155, 6Mb L3 Cache, Intel Turbo Boost Technology 2.0)
-Corsair CWCH60 Hydro Series H60 High Performance 120mm Radiator All-In-One Liquid CPU Cooler
-EVGA GF GTX 660Ti 2GB GDDR5 Graphics Card
-Corsair CMZ8GX3M2A1600C​9 8GB 1600MHz CL9 DDR3 Vengeance Memory Two Module Kit
-OCZ VTX3-25SAT3-120​G 120GB Vertex 3 SATA III Internal 2.5 Inch SSD
+
-Seagate ST31000524AS 3.5 inch Barracuda 1TB GB 7200rpm SATA Drive with 32MB Buffer

Link to the full list(coolers, dongles, webcams etc...)
-http://www.amazon.co.uk/registry/wishlist/1L49X4D7KF5MD&tag=tonymacx86-21

I am replacing the on-board wireless card with the Atheros 9280 Abgn Half Size Wireless Card 300Mbps Ar9280 AR5BHB92 from US.

I will be using this for Photo editing through Photoshop CS6 and casual gaming(Games on Windows via dual booting if possible).
My concern is on over-heating or incompatible parts.
Does this build have any problems? And do you have any suggestions?(such as alternate GPU for better Photoshop experience.)

Thanks in advance.

Does this build have any problems? And do you have any suggestions?

You are good. With the liquid CPU cooler you should have no problems with heat - just make sure you have nothing obstructing air flow around the gfx card.

So cable management would be crucial I guess.
Not even that to be honest, the Bitfenix Prodigy is pretty roomy. And the graphics card pulls air from the vented side panel. Your build is pretty much identical to mine. Heat is definitely not a problem, even overclocked.

But yes, good cable management is never a bad thing of course. Plus, it looks better. ;)

What did you do about the WiFi? Did you swap out the "integrated" card on the mobo? I'm looking to build a Prodigy rig and the WiFi part is the only thing nagging at me.

How are you experiences with InCase Water Coolers ?
I heard some reports that they get leaky and damage the entire Computer ?

I'm using the Thermaltake Water 2.0 Performer in my Thunderball (sic) build. Works great and it's an AIO, closed loop cooler. It's been replaced by the Water 3.0 Performer. See the tonymacx86 April 2014 Buyer's Guide, CPU Cooler section for more information.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back