Mac
  1. MacBook Air
Classic Mac
  1. Apple
  2. PowerBook
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
neos_window_wp_angle.jpgneos_window_ka_angle.jpg

BitFenix, maker of quality unique cases has a new line of ATX mid towers called the Neos. I had the opportunity to check one out recently, and use it for my ASUS Z97 Test build.

I'm a fan of BitFenix since I used the Prodigy and Phenom cases. The Neos continues in this tradition, but on a larger scale. Roomy, well built, and relatively inexpensive, these make a great option for a full sized CustoMac build. There are traditional colors such as white/white and black/black, but also a few wacky ones like blue/black and purple/white. BitFenix also sells them with window panels.
neos_window_wp_45.jpg

It's the little details that I like about the BitFenix Neos. There are 2 multi drive racks. One that fits SSD sized 2.5" devices and one that fits 3.5" devices. This is nice, because some cases just come with a bunch of plastic bits to mount on your drives- these are kind of like drawers that slide in and out.

neos_w_reverse.jpg

The Neos plastic feet are a bit taller than most cases, allowing for airflow under the power supply. The top button arrangement is great for floor usage- with upward facing power, reset, headphone, mic, USB 3.0 and USB 2.0 ports. Front section of the case also removes to reveal a solid mount that fits 2 aftermarket fans. Interior is spacious with lots of nooks and crannies to stash cables and wires.

neos_kb_angle.jpgneos_kk_angle.jpgneos_kr_angle.jpgneos_ks_angle.jpgneos_wb_angle.jpgneos_wr_angle.jpgneos_ws_angle.jpgneos_ww_angle.jpg

Check em out at Amazon and Newegg. You can also order leds, fans, cables and accessories direct from BitFenix's new online store.

Official Product Page:
http://www.bitfenix.com/global/en/products/chassis/neos

Are there any air filters behind the front panel?

That Purple and White one would be right up my wife's alley, she loves the color purple. :)

Are the rectangles on the front removable panels or flaps for optical drives?

If you go with the silver/white model, I’d just be concerned about the optical drives not matching the case. Which paint would you use for the optical drives?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back