Contribute
Register

bitdoctor's MiniMacPro Build: intel Core i7-3770 - Gigabyte GA-H77N-WIFI - HD 4000 - 16 GB - 256 GB

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks!!! Maybe I'll try someday, I'm sure I have to save for this...

Nice build Bitdoctor! I just build one from your idea on the case using the i5. Does your HDMI port work? I am trying to connect it to my big screen and I am just getting the white Apple screen after running MultiBeast with your option settings.

I have the same build. Smaller SSD, and different case.

Running vectorworks 2013 on it. No problems so far. In fact it is quite fast on it.

hi ! i haven't work hdmi audio pls give me your ioreg & dsdt (h77n-wifi+ivi 3770+8gb ,ml10.8.3 + 10.8.4 clover, chimera, chameleon hda892 from mulibeast 5.3.1) geekbench 14037 vtd work in clover whith dmardrop=yes

Have you tried running games or CAD programs on this build? How do they perform?

Hi tpho2500, the answer to your question is no. The highest workloads this system has seen would be light graphics work with Photoshop, compiling code with Xcode and MPLABX (PIC), routing boards with Eagle, running WinXP in VirtualBox... all of which are still light work for the i7-3770 processor.

During a MacPorts upgrade a few days ago, a program called atlas needed to be built, which gave the system a surprising workout. I think the build took well over an hour with the CPU sitting on approx. 16% before an abrupt increase towards the end with temperatures peaking around 80 deg C. That was the first time that I was a bit concerned about system temperatures, but it was only a short burst and cooled down rapidly.

As I said in previous posts, the performance of this system is quite amazing.

Nice build Bitdoctor! I just build one from your idea on the case using the i5. Does your HDMI port work? I am trying to connect it to my big screen and I am just getting the white Apple screen after running MultiBeast with your option settings.

Hi probieJ, HDMI (audio and video) is working on the MiniMacPro. However, I don't use it very often and most recently I noticed some unusual behaviour. Exhibiting at a trade show last week, we connected the DVI port to a Samsung SyncMaster as the primary monitor and one of the HDMI ports to a TEAC TV as a secondary screen for displaying PowerPoint slides. With both screens connected, the system would not boot, cycling in some boot loop. After disconnecting the HDMI TEAC TV, the system booted normally. The HDMI TEAC TV could be connected to the running system and worked fine. I have yet to investigate this further.

hi ! i haven't work hdmi audio pls give me your ioreg & dsdt (h77n-wifi+ivi 3770+8gb ,ml10.8.3 + 10.8.4 clover, chimera, chameleon hda892 from mulibeast 5.3.1) geekbench 14037 vtd work in clover whith dmardrop=yes

Hi alexg2222, thanks for posting your findings. I have yet to find the time to run this upgrade. The MiniMacPro is just using the default DSDT file downloaded from this site.

Thanks for posting this build thread, bitdoctor.

I just built my very first computer (and also Hackintosh) based off your instructions and components. :) It was very easy even though I knew virtually nothing about putting a computer together. I even bought the wifi card from China and installed it in my build. However I used an i3 processor instead.

One thing I wanted to mention for others who may be attempting this build is that I encountered a problem. After installing OSX 10.8.4 via UniBeast on a USB thumb-drive, the computer would not boot into Mountain Lion on the system hard drive. The machine would hang on the white screen with a grey apple and spinning gear.

I'm a complete novice but I managed to do some research on boot-flags. I booted in verbose mode. In case another novice like me is reading this, you type in -v on the screen where you choose the boot drive (UniBeast USB or Mountain Lion installed hard drive). Verbose mode indicated the system was hanging on bluetooth initiation. I then booted the system in safe mode by typing -x at the same boot prompt and then Mountain Lion booted fine. I then ran MultiBeast with bitdoctor's instructions and everything worked fine except for bluetooth (which I understand is an issue with this build)

Anyhow, just sharing in case someone else might have this problem. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back