Contribute
Register

bitdoctor's MiniMacPro Build: intel Core i7-3770 - Gigabyte GA-H77N-WIFI - HD 4000 - 16 GB - 256 GB

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm trying to get my hackintosh running but running into a few problems. I basically purchased everything from the March 2013 Mini guide except for a Samsung 840 SSD drive.

Initial boot to the SSD would hang on [IOBluetoothHCIController][start] -- completed. So I found this thread http://www.tonymacx86.com/mountain-...hcicontroller-start-completed.html#post572698 and deleted the recommended kext files and was able to boot into ML. I then ran multibeast with DSDT.aml on my desktop, and chose the same options specified on the first post. After reboot, I have multibeast bootloader, it starts booting with the light grey OSX screen and then my monitor loses power and goes into sleep mode. Any ideas?

UPDATE: I disconnected the DVI cable and reconnected it to the computer and I've got a 1080p desktop. Also moved it to the living room to our HDTV via hdmi and no problems with audio. Although I originally had it connected to the 2nd hdmi output and couldn't get audio, the first hdmi port works though.

Hi @bitdoctor

I just want to ask if the 90 watt psu of this antek is enough?

I am planning in purchasing the same parts with an ssd + the hybrid hdd from seagate. Do you think adding an additional hdd will still be enough for the built-in psu?

Congrats on your built..
Christian

Hi Christian, the typical power consumption of a 2.5" HDD like you describe would be approx. 3 Watt. While this MiniMacPro with 90 Watt PSU is no doubt running a tight power budget, I don't "think" it's running within 3 Watt of its 90 Watt limit.

The power budget of this system is no doubt interesting and has come up a number of times in this thread. Over the coming weeks I might try to measure the system's actual power consumption at idle and under load. This might be interesting to see and show a more experimental benchmark of how the system performs.

We concur! :thumbup:

Congratulations to bitdoctor on his build description becoming a Golden Build. :clap::clap::clap:

I've been asked many times, "What makes a build description a Golden Build?" A Golden Build:
- Conforms to the User Builds Template;
- is more about why you built the system, and why you chose the particular components;
- is clear and concise with an easy to read grammar; and
- It contributes to the tonymacx86 knowledge base.​

So, again, congratulations to bitdoctor for an excellent build description!

Thanks so much Stork and everyone else for your positive feedback, comments and support. :thumbup: It's really nice being part of this community and to be able to contribute in a small way.

Apologies for some delayed replies to your questions. Due to travel and work commitments it's sometimes difficult to regularly sign in to the forum, but I'll try to help when I can.

I had the same case in mind for a conversion ive been planning through.

Would a Laptop motherboard fit in well though? I got a board that is actually smaller in size compared to Mini ITX boards?

Hi Kraft2k, if your board is smaller than Mini-ITX form factor (170 x 170 mm or 6.7 x 6.7 inches) then it should easily fit inside the case. However, if the mounting holes or the back panel don't match your board, you might need to do some minor case modifications. Let us know how you go - it would be interesting to see.

Yes, it's definitely worth a try, got a HP HDX 16 that i use as a HTPC atm, removed the broken screen, i even removed parts that i dont need up to the point of parts that are not supported.

first i was going to build one, however, after i visited this website ( http://www.mini-itx.com/ ), things changed and i thought id give those cases a try. The biggest challenge as you mentioned is the mounting, however, i dont doubt the workarounds about it, it's only the short circuiting that i have to prevent.

the back side of the case would look ugly, no doubt on that, though i hope i can find conversion cables, like linking an external USB port (which has desktop standards) to the internal interface, the same applies to the power button connector.

power wise, i dont mind if the charger doesnt fit in, the built in charger is basically useless in this case.

Hi there..

Just want to ask how's your hack doing? How's the temp when it is on full load?

Did it hanged or gave an error already?

sorry to all of these question..

Hi bitdoctor.
I'm building the same machine as your.
I live in italy and I think I made a mistake buying the Atheros AR928 wifi replacement card.
I did not notice that the GA-H77N-WIFI has only 2 cable for connecting the antennas and I've bougth this AR928 wich has 3 pin for them.

jwx6051_halfsize.jpg

I still did not have all the pieces to start the build, still waiting for the MOBO, and I'm wandering if using only the left and the right pin will work.
The chipset is the same but I'm considering to buy the one that you have indicated.
Any suggestion will be welcome.
Sorry to bother you and for my ugly english.

remote

Hello anyone. First time hackintosh build. I am attempting to follow bitdoctor's build to the letter Except for the hard drive. I am using a Segate 7200 750 gb drive. Everything else should be the same. I seem to get through the install process fine, however, when I reboot and attempt to have Mountain Lion load I get a white screen with gray logo and it hangs! I've checked all bios settings but I am lost/stuck. Any help is much appreciated.

MOBO arrived this morning. It works!
The replacement Wi-Fi card was natively recognised and is Rock Solid!
So it doesn't matter if it has 2 or 3 antennas plugs.
Just leave empty the plug in the middle and connect the other two ad usual.
Do not forget to attach the antennas outside the case or you will have poor or no signal at all.

Hi there..

Just want to ask how's your hack doing? How's the temp when it is on full load?

Did it hanged or gave an error already?

sorry to all of these question..

Hi Keema, we've just been through a hot North Queensland summer and the system performed without error. It's by far the best performing desktop computer I've used. Temperatures under load are fine. If you browse through some of my earlier replies in this thread, you'll find some system and also external case temperature measurements.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back